Chapter 18

You went home after a few more hours of practicing, Hizashi convincing you further to sing during the Battle of the Bands even though you already agreed. It was cute of him to keep reminding you of it.

The next morning after visiting Rina, you returned home to see Hizashi standing outside your door waiting for you. He had his arms crossed and an annoyed look on his face.

"Oh boy," you murmured to yourself, trying not to laugh. Your throat hurt anyway, since you had used your quirk that morning. Instead you smiled as you walked closer. You waved, raised an eyebrow, and pointed up causally.

He got your impression of "hey, what's up?"

"Oh, nothing much, maybe a bit of chaos here and there." Hizashi rolled his eyes, hands on his hips. He then took a deep breath and activated his quirk slightly so as to not destroy the neighborhood. "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO IN MY BATHROOM?"

He was definitely annoyed and flustered. You pointed at his hair. "Looks nice as usual," you commented nonchalantly. You gave him an innocent smile as he pouted.

"This is what I get for threatening you into singing, huh?" His voice returned to normal.

Nodding, you unlocked the door to your house and invited him in.

"I swear, I'll get you back for this," Hizashi muttered.

"I'm sure you will."

"And I'm going to get you back when you're not expecting it," Hizashi added. "It could be today. Or tomorrow. Or next week. Or next month or even years."

"Jeez, it was just a few harmless pranks!" you said in a small voice, laughing.

"Do you know how long it takes for my hair to be perfect?" Hizashi cried.

"You're already perfect," you said confidently, giving Hizashi a smile. He blushed at the sudden compliment from you.

"I can't stay angry at you," Hizashi muttered. You gave him a knowing smile. "Anyways, how was the visit with Rina?" Hizashi finally calmed down and followed you to your music room.

You turned your hand side to side, then for your notepad and started writing in it. 'She did start getting worse so I came home early.' Your smile dropped a bit. "I almost forgot," you said out loud, abandoning the notepad because you didn't have the hands to write. "Rina and I made this for you." You took out an origami cockatoo from your bag. "It was mainly Rina's idea."

The paper bird's wings fluttered and squawked. It flew into Hizashi's hair, the head crest raising. Even though Rina's origami animals didn't need eyes or anything, this cockatoo had drawn-on eyes and every bit of detail.

"Oh my—" Hizashi held his hands over his head, afraid that it would fall. "You just made my day so much better with this bird," he breathed.

"Happy birthday," you said, giving him a large smile.

"Wha—?" Hizashi sputtered.

'You're famous, don't think I don't know your birthday.' You got your notepad back and laughed lightly. 'And thank Rina for that.' You laughed at Hizashi's playfulness with the bird. 'It took her hours to figure out how to fold it and get it perfect.'

"It's so realistic!"

"Just be careful not to wet or rip it," you warned out loud. Hizashi suddenly flinched.

"Ouch, it's pulling my hair!"

You laughed as you watched Hizashi try to get the bird to stop, unsuccessfully.

"Hey," Hizashi whined, but gave up quickly.

"HEYYY!" the bird copied, surprising Hizashi.

"Oh my gawd it can repeat stuff too!" Hizashi yelled excitedly. "YEAHHHH!"

"YEAHHHH!" the bird squawked.

"Please don't," you pleaded, laughing. "I don't have soundproof walls like you do."

"Thank you and Rina so much!" Hizashi couldn't contain his excitement. He was like a kid on his birthday, which he was. "What should I name her?"

"Already decided on the gender, huh?" You giggled at his playfulness.

"Yes and I love her so much thank you," Hizashi sputtered. He got the bird to perch on top of his finger. "[L/N] Jr."

"Oh hell no." You shook your head immediately.

"I'm kidding!" Hizashi laughed. "Not really. She's cute! Like you!"

You blushed again at his compliment, then scribbled down, 'Rina said Trinket.'

"Really? That's a cute name!"

'Yeah, she said it didn't matter the gender. I love that name too.' You attempted to get Trinket on to your finger but Hizashi held her high in the air above you and stuck out his tongue.

"You can call her Trink, Trinky, or Kit!" Hizashi realized the many nicknames Trinket could shorten to. "This is amazing!"

The next few hours were spent playing with the bird, who seemed to copy Hizashi's loudness and energy perfectly. You and Hizashi even got to witness Trinket sing part of the mashup song when you two practiced after you rested a bit.

"She's the new member of the band," Hizashi declared after hearing that.

"Yes. Yes she is." You were both amazed at Rina's quirk capabilities and the bird's personality. "You want to stay over, hang out, something? I got cake."

"You shouldn't have!"

"We can go visit Rina again in the afternoon some time to celebrate if you can." You clapped your hands together. "And then elsewhere if your other friends celebrate."

"That'd be awesome!" Hizashi hugged you, Trinket squawking happily.

"Rina got her to sing Happy Birthday in advance," you added, blushing at his sudden contact.

"You two are amazing!"

~♪♫ ♪♫ ♪~
Chapter music question!
What's your favorite opening theme song from BNHA?