Moving Day

I wake up to the sound of my obnoxious cell phone alarm clock and it feels as though I didn't sleep at all. The clock reads "7am". I tossed and turned all night due to my anxiety about this whole situation. The ringtone usually annoys me, but today it brings about a slight feeling of joy. I am actually doing this!  I scream in my head. I hop up to get dressed and put the last of my things I am taking with me in a suitcase. As I am doing so, I feel a strong gurgle from my stomach. "I think I want some scrambled eggs today" I say aloud while placing a hand on my empty stomach. When I reach the kitchen, I turn on some Atlas Genius from my phone. A few minutes pass and my eggs are ready. I hear a chime come from my laptop, so I bring it into the kitchen to read my emails. 

****

Good morning Ms. Danley

         Mr. Ashtonn has requested that you are ready to leave your apartment for the airport at 4pm for your flight to Utah. He will be sending someone later to handle the shipment of your car for you, and a driver to take you to the airport. The movers will also be returning at 12pm to take the rest of your belongings. We look forward to seeing you this evening. 

See you later!

-Tonya Laine 

****

Wow. All of this is going so fast... "What time is it?" I think. The clock says "7:45am". I am such a bundle of nerves right now. I need to do something to burn off some energy. I think I will go for a run. I decide to do some laps around the few blocks that surround my apartment building. I quickly change into some running gear and head out the door without any further thought.  

****

As I approach my building, I see the same car from last night. Again though, it is empty. I get back inside and gulp down a whole bottle of water. I am exhausted. I should probably shower before they get here. What time is it? I look to the clock to see "10:50am". Damn, it really didn't feel like I was out there that long. Whatever. Time to get ready I guess. 

**** 

As I am sitting on my couch waiting for the movers, I am scrolling though social media as usual. When I hear a knock at my door. I open it and greet the movers and step aside so that they can begin to do their thing. They immediately take big items. Wow, they are making light-work of clearing out my place. Very impressive. A moment later, the man who will be taking my car is here too. Wow Ashtonn is very thorough with his timing of things. I wonder how much he is paying these guys... 

Before I know it, they are taking the last box out to their truck and I am signing the papers. All I am left with are my two suitcases. With nothing left to do I text my next door neighbor, Amanda, and ask her if she would like to take the contents of my fridge so that I don't have to throw them out. "What do you mean?" she asks. Shoot, I forgot that I hadn't told anyone yet. "Come over" I respond. A few moments later she comes through the door. "What the fuck is going on? Why didn't you tell me you were moving?!" she inquires with a very surprised expression on her face, while throwing her arms into the air. "Well to be fair, I didn't even know I was moving out until yesterday." I say. "What is it? Is it bedbugs? Damn it, I knew I was feeling a little itchy last night, and I have this one bite on my..." "NO!" I interrupt. "I finally landed a role in a movie!" I exclaim to her. "Schweet dude! What's the movie about?" asks Amanda. "Well I am not allowed to tell anyone specifics. But! I may or may not be about to work with a certain actor by the name of James..." I said with a little bit of a pompous expression. "OOOOHH, Franco?", "no" I say. "Corden", "no". "Marsden", "NO!" I interject. "It's none of those guys. But I can't tell you who it is" I tell her. "That's no fun..." she mocks with crossed arms. "Well, I am under contract. So I literally can't tell you" I reply. She gets an almost shocked look on her face, "oh ok, I gotcha" she says. "Secrecy" she says while making the 'spooky' gesture by wiggling her fingers. "Yes. I am going to miss you while I'm gone. Don't worry though, I will be back!" I say. "Ok, goodie! I can't wait to go out to the bars with a celebrity when you're back here" Amanda says in a joking tone. I show her to my fridge and she bags up everything to take it to her place. We hug one last time and I hold the door for her while she exits. As I am doing so, out of the corner of my eye I see the back of a man walking down the stairs. He looks like he is wearing the same outfit as the guy in my dreams. But when I turn my head to look directly at him, he is gone. I walk over to the steps to see if I can catch another glimpse of him, but he is gone. "What's up?" Amanda questions my strange behavior. "Nothing, I thought I saw the guy that's supposed to be picking up my car" I lie. 

After everything is said and done I am on my way to the airport. Instead of taking the usual exit to the airport, we pass it. "I think that was our exit" I tell the driver, feeling a bit confused. "Oh, we are actually headed to Mr. Ashcroft's personal airport" he states. "Oh, ok. Thank you." I reply. I don't know why I didn't expect that, given everything else that has happened

When we arrive, I am escorted directly onto the plane. Once inside, I am greeted by Tonya again. "Hey! Are you ready?" she says with great enthusiasm. I can tell she is pretty excited as well. I like her. I think we could be great friends. She only looks to be maybe three to five years older than I am. "Yes, I am ready for take off!" I joke. "Great, Ashtonn will be meeting us in Utah. He decided to go ahead and make sure everything was as it should be" she informs me. We sit down in the lush cabin of the plane and prepare for liftoff. As soon as we are steady in the air, my eyes begin to get heavy and I decide to take a nap during the few hours flight. 

****

When I open my eyes again, we are landing in Utah. Everything is pretty dark. Well what else did you expect? It is 8:30pm after all. We finally land and the plane door opens. Stepping off the plane, the first thing i see is my car. What in the world...? I turn to Tonya and ask "How the hell is my car already here?". She tells me "Oh, your other belongings are already here as well. Mr. Ashcroft had them picked up a few hours before our flight so that they would be ready for you. They were transported in a private cargo plane of his". "That is literally amazing" I tell her. I can't help but to have a stupid expression of surprise on my face. 

I wonder what other surprises are in store for me...