Chapter Twenty

AN: Hello everyone welcome to Chapter Twenty of Blood of Darkness. So this is Selena's chapter. Be sure to give me your thoughts about her in the inline comments. Hope you all enjoy! Now onward and forward to Chapter Twenty!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Selena*

Marius had left me to rot in a small dark and dirty cell. There was a cot and a bucket, but nothing else. After he had tortured me and after I had finished crying, he'd come back for more. And I'd fought back, thinking that I could overpower him. But, I had been wrong...again. And as punishment for trying to strike him again, he had thrown me into this cell.

I took a deep breath and started screaming for help as loud as I could. My scream echoed in my ears. I ran to the only door in the room and started pulling, pushing but it didn't give way. I sank to the floor, beginning to truly despair.

I had been robbed of my freedom and my love. I touched the mark on my neck that Damien's fangs had left behind. I felt so guilty. I felt like I should have fought back. Like I failed to honour the strength that Damien's love gave me when I didn't fight back.

Silence hung over me like a shadow. It was in every corner of the dark, dirty cell. I couldn't even tell how much time had passed. I had no window to watch the sun or the moon.

Meals weren't regular and sometimes I'd go what I thought were days without food or water. I felt like I was fighting a losing battle, but I knew that if I gave up now, I'd never see Damien again and I'd be forced to become Marius' Queen and give him an heir, which still unnerved me.

I could still feel Damien, his desperation to get to me was evident. I wished so badly that I could help him, but I didn't know how. What would he say when he found me?

 What would he say when he found me?

"Selena?"

I blinked and looked around, trying to find the source of the voice. I knew that dulcet tone anywhere and hearing his sweet tones tugged at my heart. It filled me with hope.

I watched as a ghostly man appeared in front of me. His black as night hair and stormy gray eyes were unmistakable. Damien.

"Damien," I whispered.

I reached out to him and he disappeared and in his place was Marius. I screamed.

Then I remembered what Damien had told me about Royal and Elder vampires. They had the power to manipulate dreams.

I'd fallen asleep. And Marius was terrorizing me.

I held my head in my hands and felt violated.

"Get out of my head!" I screamed as my eyes snapped open.

I found Marius standing in a corner of the cell. He looked a little drained, but did his best to cover it up.

He laughed. "Well it appears I have to do this the hard way," he told me, "I'm going to enjoy this."