The Landing

Xerour was destroyed. Shards of glass flew like bullets. Buildings collapsed as though they were on hinges. Boulders the size of watermelons rocketed about like footballs.

"I'm not leaving you!" Ink shouted at Gigavolt.
"Yes you are. It's too dangerous out here and people need saving. I'll be with you at the escape pods ASAP, ok?" Gigavolt replied hurriedly. And before Ink could say another word, Gigavolt's fingers were sparking and he ran to the nearest building. He jumped ten feet in the air and through a window.

Citizens screamed in fear and agony. Two figures were moving as fast as they could towards the escape pods, heads bowed and desperately attempting to avoid the downfall of debris. When they finally arrived (battered and bruised), they took cover behind an upturned bus. Blood was tempted to laugh as Glob pulled fragments of glass and rock from his green, sludge-like body. A massive crash shook the bus and nearly toppled it onto the pair.
"I never used to understand why the school buses where made of the strongest metal on Xerour" laughed Glob and Blood managed a smile. Another blast rattled the pair as they ran from behind it.
"Shit shit shit shit shit sh-"
"LANGUAGE!"
"Sorry" they stumbled up to the spherical pods.
"Shut up and get in the damn escape pod"
"Ok, ok. Aren't you gonna come as well?" questioned Glob as he slid into the pod
"Not in that thing, look at the size of it! I'll get in a different one, thanks!"
Glob looked around, suddenly urgent
"Where the hell's Ink?!"
"Here!" came a weak, female voice from under and enormous chunk of broken house, somehow audible over the immense noise around them.
"How did you.. god dammit, Ink!" shouted Blood, with a mix of frustration and panic in his voice. He and Glob hurried to Ink and tried to lift the structure from her, but to no avail.
"Ok Ink, you remember what I was teaching you? I need you to concentrate. Focus on how to get out. Use what you know." said Blood as calmly as he could. Ink nodded, scared but determined. She closed her eyes and her forehead creased. Her skin started to melt. It blackened and liquified until she was a puddle of dark water. Blood smiled in pride as the puddle trickled over the rock and through the narrow gap.
"Excellent!" Blood exclaimed as the puddle became solid. Ink stood up and beamed. Her smiled suddenly faulted.
"What's up?" asked Glob
"Gig, he's still-"
There was an almighty explosion as the building Gigavolt had gone into was blown to smithereens. Ink put her hands to her mouth in horror. Shock poured through her. She felt numb. The sounds around her faded, as though she was listening from far, far away. Black tears trickled over her fingers. She fell to her knees. Blood knelt down beside her.
Ink sat up, her pretty face tear-strewn and screwed up in anguish. Blood put an arm around her and held her to his chest.
"Ink?" he said softly. She raised her head.
"We need to get out of here." She nodded and stood up. Blood nodded to Glob to get in the pod.
"We'll follow you." Glob gave a small smile and heaved himself into a nearby sphere and pressed the large red button on the dashboard in front of him. The doors closed and he prepared to escape. Blood guided Ink to another orb and they both got in. Blood pressed the button and he and Ink shot to what they hoped was safety, Glob slightly in front of them.