"But wait, let me take a look at the cake." He said before running to the kitchen. "And you explain everything to me."

"Please tell me you didn't cook all of our food." She shouted back, sitting on their couch.

"Can't tell you that." He shouted back.

Kaycee spent the rest of the afternoon telling Sean how everything happened, neither of them believe that it was finally over — both of them walking around on tiptoes, afraid of facing another sudden change that could potentially ruin everything once again.

It was hard to truly be happy when they've been at the edge of something great just to be pulled back at the start so many times before.

At night, in hopes of finishing all the food Sean made, they've received their best friends to have dinner — Julian, Josh, Bailey, and Ken.

They've all had dinner and were now sitting at the backyard table while Sean and Julian were setting things for dessert — it was a hot night with a nice breeze.

"So, now what?" Bailey asked from the other side of the table after Kaycee finished telling the whole story to their friends — Sean and Julian were setting the table for dessert, Josh and Ken looked at her filled with curiosity and Bailey held in her arms a very sleepy Jia, who snuggled her.

"Now we just have to wait for fo the official paperwork, the attorney said it's gonna take about two or three weeks. She's making it very detailed so it doesn't have any space for breach." She answered.

"He didn't say anything to you? I mean, he didn't even try to?" Asked Josh.

Kaycee noticed that Sean's eyes were penetrating her while he was cutting slices from the cake. He was worried and curious about the answer because it was something he didn't dare to ask earlier, even though he wanted. He feared to hear the answer — she tried to ignore it.

"No." She said. "Wish he had, though." Everyone looked surprised. 

"Why?" Julian asked. They were all sitting now, with their cakes.

"Thanks," She answered Sean for giving her a piece of cake before sitting by her side, her arm around the back of her chair — she sighed. "So I could have some real explanation besides the ones in my mind, so I can give it to Jia one day?"

"I don't know." She sighed. "Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy with the results it's just that... I feel sorry for my baby. She doesn't understand or feel it now but one day she will, and she will have questions. "

"Well, she will know that she was very loved anyway, with or without him, right cutie." Said Bailey as she filled the toddler with kisses.

Hearing daughter laugh together with the laugh of her friends, being around that table with her found family, and having Sean's arm around her was enough proof that indeed her daughter was very loved — and so was Kaycee.

But the remaining idea of Jia's questions were still in her mind and also the fear that Gabe would change his mind in these three weeks to come — she feared the idea of what would happen if he changed his mind, and what could happen if he didn't.

" She didn't even blink twice, grabbed her horse, her binky, and was asleep in two seconds." Said Sean, entering their room after putting Jia down for the night.

Kaycee was by the window, staring at the sky. "Good."

"I'm exhausted, please never let me cook this much food ever again." He said, taking his shirt off. "Think I'm gonna take a shower."

"No, thank you." She answered, and Sean noticed she wasn't listening.

"Maybe I'll take a shower in ketchup." He said walking to her. "I heard ketchup is really good if you want to tint your skin, you know, red."

"Good." She answered before frowning. "Wait, what?"

He laughed, standing in front of her now. "Oh, you were listening."

"Sorry."

His hands found her waist, pulling her closer. "What are you frying inside of this beautiful brain of yours, hun?"

She sighed, resting her hands on his naked torso. "Worried about this three weeks... worrying about the future and Jia's questions about all of this."

"I'm trying not to be so hopeful but... I truly believe he's not gonna change his mind about this." He said, tugging her hair behind her ear before looking at her eyes. "And about the things Jia may or may not ask, and for this one I'm very sure... you will do great answering them."

"Wish I had as much faith in me as you do." She answered and he smiled at her.

Kaycee loved Sean's smile, especially because he never liked it very much, growing up he was always shy to smile but she always loved whenever he did. She could describe every single type of smile he has, that's how much she always loved.

But there was one smile in particular that she loved the most: the smile Sean was giving her now — it was shy and soft, a little crocked making the dimples from one side of his face to show more than the other. And yes, it was a beautiful smile but that wasn't the reason why this one was more special to her than the others. Kaycee loved this one more because it was entirely made for her.

"Thank you, by the way." She said, wrapping her arms around his neck. "For having so much faith in me."

"It's not faith." He said the right way. "It's me knowing the facts... I know you so I know you will always do your best, therefore..." He kissed her nose. "You are going to do great."

"And do you wanna know another I know?" He said, raising his eyebrows before starting to leave kisses her neck — the part he exposed when placed the strand of hair behind her ear.

"Hm?" She asked goosebumps all over her body.

"I know a good trick, what about you try not to think so far ahead and just think about what you will be doing in like... a minute?" He said between the kisses.

"And what will I be doing?"

"Glad you asked..." He looked at her, the sweet smile gave way to a very sexy one. "you are gonna be taking a shower with me now." He said, catching and throwing her over his shoulder.

He dragged her to the bathroom and she laughed the whole way there — thinking she would love wherever he had planned for the next minutes and or wherever they are gonna do with all of the other minutes of the rest of their lives.