She kissed him and kissed him hard as her hands tugged in his soft hair. His hands traveling the naked skin of her back and tights, shivering her soul.

Their kiss was interrupted by the sound of her daughter waking up, coming through the baby monitor — they stopped everything, laughing into each other's lips.

"I'll go make some breakfast and you get her." He said after leaving a soft kiss on her nose — detangling himself from her body to stand up.

He was just laughing but she could still see the worries taking the shine off his eyes. "Hey, you..." she called, still laying — Sean standing beside the couch, dressing his sweatpants.

"Hm?" He asked, fixing his hair.

"Maybe things can change now." She said, in her voice, you could still hear uncertainties.

Sean gave her a fake smile before leaving a soft kiss on her lips and heading to the kitchen. Kaycee cleaned herself a bit in the bathroom before going to grab Jia.

"Hiii, baby." She said as she walked inside of the toddler room, the kid was up in her crip wearing a cute pj and with her pacifier in her mouth. "Did you slept well?"

The little girl snuggled herself in her mother's embrace, before giving up her pacifier so Kaycee could put it away — in moments like this, Kaycee would feel so thankful because her daughter was an 'easy kid', I mean, she was still a kid so of course there would be times in which she would be naughty and get in trouble, but for most of the times, she was very good at obeying.

Kaycee snuggled her baby for a little bit before heading downstairs and for a moment, it felt like if Sean had never left — before pulling some distance between them, they kind of had a little routine together already, it wasn't always the same but most of the things would repeat itself day to day, like for instance: Sean would make breakfast and Kaycee would get Jia; She goes downstairs and Sean would take Jia from her arms and set her in the highchair as Kaycee would get them something to drink; Kaycee would get Jia's breakfast as Sean finished what they'd eat.

And it went just like that, they followed the routine and then ate together. And Kaycee liked way too much to ignore the fact that she wanted to have it every day, so after Sean settled Jia in the living room with some cartoons and headed back to the kitchen to help her clean... She couldn't avoid but say something.

And of course, he already knew what was going on inside her head.

"We can-"

"I can't." He interrupted right away, her eyes filled with confusion as he stared at the marbled countertop, almost frozen.

"Sean..." She gave three steps in his direction but stopped.

"I-" He interrupted again after sighing, looking at Kaycee before she could actually reach him. "I would give the world to be with you, I love you with all my heart... Good, Kayc, I love you beyond I can't understand, and somehow I manage to love Jia even more."

Her eyes sharing a soft gaze but her heart was tight in her chest, she knew he had more to say and could feel it wasn't the things she wanted to hear.

He continued. "And it's exactly because I love you two more than anything in the world, that I could not be the reason for your pain."

"You could never." She said right away, but he denied it.

"I can't be the risk." He said. "I... maybe we have to accept that the universe doesn't want us together."

Kaycee denied with eyes closed, Sean walked the rest of the way to her, meeting her in the middle. Hands by the side of her face, he pressed their foreheads together. "It will be a heavy burden to carry this love on my own but I'll carry this weight forever, even if I don't get to share it with you."

"But I wanna share with you." She whispered, nose bumping against, sniffing away the tears she held.

"Me too, beautiful." He said.

"I could fight, this life isn't living, Sean." She said. "I could just give up and fight him for Jia, I... I can't imagine a good judge giving my daughter to him."

He sighed. "I can't do that to you, I wouldn't dare to ask you to..."

She sighed, ready to throw another 'maybe...' to the universe, thinking that perhaps she would be heard this time and somehow they would find a way to be together — maybe in a few months, she thought to say, just like she has been saying for a long time now... but the months keep passing and they haven't yet found a solution.

As if he was reading her mind, Sean said: "There's no solution, I guess."

Their eyes looked at each other before she hugged him tightly — hands around his torso, clinching the fabric of his shirt between her hands and head resting against his chest.

He held her around the arms, tightly against his body. His chin resting on the top of her head after he left a kiss on her temple.

She breathed his scent before sighing once more. Kaycee left the hug and in her eyes, Sean saw a strongness he only saw once before. She said, "You don't get to decided the risk I'm willing to take for those I love."

"kayc,"

"No." She said. "This is ending me because I'm not happy and I have been feeling guilty because I have my daughter and I shouldn't be unhappy having that beautiful little thing, at least that's what society teaches every girl... I love my daughter and I love being a mom but that's not everything I'm or want. I want to dance, to work, to be her mom... and I want you."

Her words were so powerful, he could feel it vibrating inside of him. She continued, "So I finally understood that if I'm not what and where I want to be if I'm not fully happy then I'm not a good mom... 'Cause my daughter deserves a mother that it's happy."

"kayc,"

He tried to talk but she kept going. "So don't think as in 'you are a risk to my motherhood or to Jia's well being', think as in 'you are helping me to be a better mom'..."

Sean couldn't avoid smiling. "God, I love you." He said before giving her a soft kiss.

"And I love you." She said it back once the kiss was over.

"So we are doing this?" He asked, she nodded as an answer.

And just like that, Sean and Kaycee were back together... forever? Well, let's not jump to conclusions just yet.