Year 4 - The Triwizard Cup

Start from the beginning

Harry nodded as they neared the stairways where they part ways. Harry waved and took off up the stairs while she went down. She got to the common room where a lot of people were gathered around chatting. Hermione walked to her room and dropped off her books and grabbed one of her extra books. She was almost out of the common room when Daphne caught her.

"Granger? You're heading out awfully early for the drafting."

Most of the common room was listening in, "Well there are two other schools that are going to be watching so I would rather find a comfortable spot to sit and watch than stand."

"That's actually a good idea since one of us is putting their name in the cup," Malfoy spoke up from his seat next to Pansy who was all over him.

"Really and who are putting in their name?"

"Marcus, he's the only Slytherin whose birthday was in the summer so he's over seventeen."

"That's good so far no Ravenclaws are putting in their name because they would rather study to NEWTS than do a competition, in Gryfindor most, can't put their name in, but I know two are going to try tonight, and I have no idea about Hufflepuff. It will be good if a Slytherin is chosen, maybe half of Hogwarts will get their heads out of their arse and realize we are part of the school." Hermione spoke forgetting exactly who she's talking to. 

"I agree with you, Granger. And I have a question about what happened in Defense today. We heard rumors, but we aren't for certain what happened?" The seventh-year girl prefect spoke. Most of the other Slytherin's that was in the class froze. 

Another older Slytherin spoke up, "Yeah! I heard that the mudblood Slytherin used the killing curse to kill the spider that was used for the demonstration for the unforgivables."

The fourth-year Slytherins nodded. "It's true she did," Malfoy spoke loudly for everyone to hear. 

Hermione rolled her eyes at the conversation, "it was just a spider and it was twitching on my desk, I just put it out of its misery. Anyway enough of this worthless conversation. I have somewhere to be." Hermione walked out of the common room with most of the Slytherin's looking at her. Once outside the common room, the portrait spoke to her.

"You should be more careful when showing your true self," Salazar told her.

"What do you mean true self?"

"Please as if you don't know. You can't run from the itch of the darker side of magic for long. You have the itch and the more you try to contain it the worst it gets. Don't let it destroy you let it loose every now and then."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Hermione turned to walk away now.

"The sooner you accept the truth, the more you can actually grow." Salazar finished and stopped talking as Hermione walked off to the Great Hall. The sooner she got there the more she could forget about today and hopefully enjoy herself. 

She sat down and ten minutes after it seemed the Slytherins also thought her idea was smart and was there on the other side of the hall. Harry walked in and sat next to her watching the people as Hermione read. The Hall was filling up quickly and Hermione was surrounded by people from everywhere. The person next to her on the opposite side of Harry seemed familiar. He was looking over her shoulder at the book. 

"That book. I've read it. It very good," the man's thick accent at first was difficult for her to understand but soon adjusted to it.

"Really? I had a hard time getting ahold of this book since it was in the restricted section," Hermione smiled at the Bulgarian man.

"Restricted section? Why would that book be there? The spells in it aren't even bad?"

"No idea. I thought this book was a little tame compared to others I've read." 

"Hmm...we don't have a restricted section in our school. That's is interesting." The man smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Anyway, what is bringing you here tonight? Is someone you know putting their name in?" Hermione talked to the man not noticing that Harry was looking at the two talking shocked.

"Oh I suppose...I'm actually putting in my name. Our school voted before coming here so no fights would break out, so I know I'm going to be picked."

"That is smart for your school to do that. I don't believe there's going to be a lot of Hogwarts people in there because most just want to focus on school. I have seen a lot of Beauxbaton girl carrying their names. They seem to be a more emotional school and we may see some waterworks with them." Hermione smirked at him and he laughed. 

The bell was chiming and now a lot of people were up and heading to the cup with the smokey circle around it. They watched as Beauxbaton girls were in throwing in their names and quickly walking out. After they cleared out the man next to her cleared his throat.

"It seems it's time for me. I hope to see you around," he said and walked up to the cup and threw in a small piece of paper in the cup and watched as it burned up and he walked out. 

"Do you realized that was Victor Krum Hermione?" Harry questioned and Hermione blinked in surprise and looked as he walked out. 

"No, I had no idea."

After he was gone only two people from Hogwarts put in their name Marcus and Cedric Diggory. The Hogwarts group cheered. It seemed to be over when the door flew open. Walked in Fred and George Weasley again almost everyone smirked and smiled knowing that this was going to be good.

"YEAHHHHHHH!" Fred and George were holding small bottles over their heads waving it.

"What is that?" One Hufflepuff questioned.

"This everyone is an age-up potion. We were already just a few months away just this bottle will age us up to seventeen."

"It's perfect!" The two spoke back and forth.

Hermine smirked, "It's not going to work!" Everyone looked at her as Fred and George both sat close to her as she closed her book.

"And tell us why not?" Fred questioned leaning onto her leg.

She smirked and pointed to the circle mist around the cup," You see this it's an enchantment made by Dumbledore himself."

"So?" George questioned.

"You think a man like Dumbledore will be fooled by some age-up potion?" Hermione smirked at the two.

"You see this is why this is brilliant!" Fred spoke then George finished.

"It's so dimwitted it has to work!"

"Well then go ahead!" Hermione smirked and gestured for the two to go. The two smirked and stood up.

"Bottoms up!" the two drank the potion and smirked. They jumped the circle and nothing happened.

"YEAHHHHHH!" They shouted and a lot of the others also clapped with them. They then put their names in the cup and nothing happened so they started becoming happy until a gust of wind hit them back onto the floor.

The schools still there were giggling when they saw they the two boys grew beards like Dumbledores. They looked at each other and started play fighting for entertainment. Hermione smiled and sighed opening her book once again. 

"They will never learn," she whispered as Harry was clutching his stomach in laughter she smiled for the first time today. 

To bad soon that smile would disappear once again.

__________________________________

A.N. - Long chapter if any confusing parts just tell me and I'll try my best to fix it!  THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR READING TOO!