APRÈS MOI, LE DÉLUGE

Rose's Outfit(Ignore bag)

~~~~~

"The Italians call them Strega."Elijah said as Rose looked at an old drawing of Witches in a book from her seat on the couch."The Yoruba of west Africa call them Aje, meaning Mother."Rose flipped the page again, pursing her lips."Where my Mother as from, they called them Hexa, and here we call them Witch."Elijah stated as he looked at the drawing of Celeste."Over the centuries, Vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, and they have been a force to be reckoned with."Elijah explained as he glanced at Hayley, who was fidgeting in her seat, and Rose, who looked up at him."Their Ancestral Magic anchors this city. There's never been one all-powerful Witch until Davina, or an all-powerful Witchpire until Rose."

"Who is the only one of her kind, and Davina who now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection."Klaus said as he came into the room and looked down at the picture with a smirk."Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil according to our volatile artist in residence. Although, Rose is much more stunning."He added when he felt Rose glare at the side of his head furiously.

"Yes."Elijah muttered."Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls Evil for power. Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over two hundred years."Elijah gestured to the drawing as he sat down next to Rose on the couch."I don't understand why all these sketches now."

"Why does any witch do anything?"Klaus asked as he sat down as well and smiled at Elijah.

"Elijah, I've been having visions of your past lover, which is creepy might I add,"Klaus chuckled and Elijah glared at him for a second before looking at Rose."and to my understanding, your Mother was dead for a thousand years, and she, like Celeste, was powerful."Elijah frowned at Rose."Besides that, Klaus is the reason she's dead, why wouldn't she want to come back from the dead and try to kill Klaus like he killed her?"Rose asked sassy as she looked at Klaus with a raised eyebrow while he scowled darkly at her. 

Everyone was quiet for five minutes before they heard something break and glanced in the direction of where sound of the object breaking came from. Hayley and Rose shared a glance before Klaus decided to speak up.

"Well, that's going well."Klaus said, making a gesture with his hand.

"If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea."Elijah said, taking Rose's hand in his and rubbed his thumb over the back of her hand.

"Oh. Are there any more inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?"Klaus asked sarcastically.

"Give me a month."Elijah stated."I'll get you a list."Elijah said, looking up at Klaus with a smirk on his face and Klaus chuckled before looking up sharply when they heard more objects breaking.

"Young, old, dead, or alive, Witches are a pain in the ass."Klaus snarled.

"I'm part Witch, thank you very much, so I take offence to that."Rose snapped back at Klaus.