INTERLUDE 3

Elijah's & Rose's Bedroom

"You know, I never had a Mother

"You know, I never had a Mother."Rose said to Elijah as she put their newborn Daughter into the transportable baby car seat, that was on the study table, and looked down at her."I mean, yeah, I knew who Janine Hathaway was, but so did everyone else."Elijah came to stand behind her and wrap his arms about her waist."But I never knew her on a personal level between Mother and Daughter. I only knew her through her status and the fact that she abandoned me through choosing her Career over her Daughter...."Tears formed in Rose's eyes."I'm so scared that I'm going to turn out like Janine."

"You will never be like your Mother."Elijah muttered, resting his head on Rose's shoulder."You're nothing like her."

"How do you know that? How do you know I won't turn out like her?"Rose asked, looking at Elijah and they locked gazes."My Mother, my own flesh and blood, abandoned me when I was barely a child, Elijah. I feel like I'm doing the same with our Baby Girl."

"You're not abandoning her."Elijah said strongly as he turned Rose to look at him."And I know this because there's a difference between sending her away for her own safety, until it's time to bring our Baby Girl home, and sending her away for no reason. That's abandoning her, Rose."Elijah said softly as he kissed Rose on the forehead and allowed her to turn around to look at their Daughter."And everything you're doing, everything you've been doing, it was all for our child."Elijah said and kissed Rose on the cheek."And now, all she needs is a good name."Elijah stated as he picked up the black stuffed toy bunny and placed it in the transportable baby car seat, next to their child.

"Definitely not Janine or Vasilisa."Rose said sassy and Elijah chuckled before they both looked at their Daughter with a loving look in their eyes."Penelope....? Mai....? Emma...? Katerina...?"Rose wondered and smirked slightly at the last name she suggested.

"In the name of the all Father, no."Elijah said, standing up straight with his arms still around Rose's waist, and Rose huffed a slight laugh as their child started fussing slightly.

"I never thought I would have a child, nor did I know I could love her so much and wish so desperately that I didn't have to send her away."Rose whispered gently and Elijah's grip tightened slightly around her waist."In all honesty, Elijah, it feels so awful that it might kill me."

"It nearly did."Elijah whispered as he let one arm go from around her waist, and gently caressed his Daughter's cheek."I'm so sorry that the beginning of her life was too violent."Rose shook her head slightly and turned to kiss Elijah's cheek.

"It's not your fault, My Viking."Rose mumbled."I know, and she knows, that you fought for us, and you will continue fighting for us, for our Always and Forever."Tears formed in Elijah's eyes as he looked at Rose.

"You are so strong and our child will have your strength as she grows everyday."Elijah mumbled.

"Astrid."Rose suddenly said in a whisper and Elijah raised an eyebrow at her questionably."Astrid.... Her name is Astrid. Astrid Mikaelson."Rose said confidently.

"Astrid Rose Mikaelson."Elijah confirmed with a gentle smile and Rose looked up at him, beaming before they looked down at their Daughter, their Astrid, with loving eyes.

"I better call Baba and tell him what's going on."Elijah nodded."I love you, My Baby Girl."Rose muttered lovingly. 

Rose kissed Astrid on the forehead before moving away from Elijah and Astrid, allowing Elijah to have some time with their Daughter before they had to give her up while Rose grabbed her phone and quickly snapped a photo of Elijah and Astrid, when Elijah picked her up, then left the room, speed dialing Abe.

"Kiz."Abe greeted her cheerfully.

"Hey, Baba, I have some news."Rose stated, leaning against the wall in the hallway.

"Oh?"Abe said and Rose nearly laughed at the pure curiosity in Abe's voice. Her Father was such a child sometimes.

"I gave birth to my Daughter hours ago."Rose counted down from ten, waiting for Abe to explode.

"WHAT!?!"There it was."How!?! Why!?! You're not suppose to be due for months!"Abe exclaimed, confused beyond belief.

"I know but Magic can find loopholes in pregnancies, Baba."Rose shrugged helplessly."But she's healthy and her name is Astrid Rose Mikaelson."

"Strength and beauty. Just like her Mother."Abe stated with a proud smirk and Rose laughed softly before she sniffed, trying to hold back tears."Kiz, what's wrong?"

"I have to send her away for her own safety, Baba."Rose choked out and quickly wiped away a stay tear."Everyone has to believe that she's dead, along with her cousin, Hope Mikaelson.... Baba, tell me I'm doing the right thing, please?"

"Oh Kiz, of course you're doing the right thing. You're protecting her...."Abe trailed off, remembering how he allowed Janine to take Rose out of Turkey for Rose's own safety when she was born."Trust me, Kiz, you'll see your Baby Girl again."

"I know but I just hope it won't be as long as it was for you to meet me."Rose stated, her bottom lip trembling."Baba?"

"Yeah, Kiz?"Abe asked.

"I love you so much and I wish you could meet your Granddaughter."Rose said as more tears welled up into her eyes.

"I love you too, Rose, and I wish for the same thing."Abe replied gently."Do you want me to pass along this message to the Belikov's?"

"Please..... I really do love you and I miss you, Baba."Rose said, her way of saying goodbye.

"I love you too, Kiz."Abe said before ending the call.