5- Trapped

"Would you like to explain what's going on between you and Jadon, Tiya?"

Marcus, shot a icy glare at his daughter, which made Tiya tense, as she tried to make herself vanish from this awkward exchange.

"We are just aqaintances, I don't really know him, but he seems nice."

Tiya replied looking, her father dead in the eyes.
She heard her mother hiss at the tension in the room and in the corner of her eye walk out the living room, Leigh knew it was about to go down.

"Don't lie to me Tiya, I see how you've been communicating with him on Instagram, don't act dumb."

Marcus' tone got harsher, Tiya, obviously telling the truth felt her blood boil, if he keeps giving attitude she is soon to blow.

"Oh so you can really tell that by us having two Instagram interactions?"

Tiya sassed back, she was readying for the worse case scenario.

"What did I say about boys, you're not allowed a boyfriend, or any romantic connections with any, especially with someone like him, a young footballer"

Tiya could tell her father was not going to listen unless it went down in a fight. 'If he wants a fight, he will get one', she thought.

"Oh so a young footballer like you were once?"

Tiya sticks it on him, her father getting more frustrated by the minute. she's going to hit the fuse any second now.

"That's not the point Tiya, he is not good for you, he just wants you to play with, nothing will be serious, get that into you head, you're being stupid if you think otherwise!"

His jaw tightened, he began to shout.

"Oh this sounds like what exactly happened between you and mum, you led her on and got with another girl and blamed it all on her! Oh and let's not forget that when I was in mums womb, you walk out on us for 6 months because you 'wasn't ready' and 'believe she was unfaithful', so honestly I think you're the stupid one here!"

Although Tiya has no memory of the situation, she still holds it close to her. It is a massive insecurity of hers, that her father didn't want her. She also thought that was why he protected her so much, because he didn't want the regret of her leave him and vice verse.

"Tiya, That's something completely different!"

She hit that nerve...

"Really because it sound exactly the same of which you think. You can't block me out from experiencing things by myself, you was able to do it, mum was, what's the difference in me not being able to. You can't protect me forever, I have to tackle the challenges I will face in the future and learn from them."

"This is him, feeding them lies to you! Don't you understand, he's taking advantage of your vulnerability!"

Marcus slammed his fist on the table, Tiya now knew she had him where she wanted.

"Maybe he is because, you have blocked me from having these learning curves and understand what having a romantic relationship with someone is but I'm not gonna be able to understand with you keep pushing things away from me making me oblivious to what goes on. I can't take being help what it feels like being held captive by you! I'm 18 in 2 weeks, I will be finally a adult but I still somehow be trapped under to strict ruling! I want to live my life like a regular girl my age, like Angel, Coco and Sasha! You don't want me to be happy, you rather put your priorities first than mine!"

Tiya finally exploded, her father was frozen in anger

"Go to your room in this household respect is one of the main rules, if you want to be an adult so much then leave, you'll soon find out how harsh the world works!"

Tiya storms up the stairs, she breaks down in tears and slides down her door, her father will never listen to her. She needs to do something to make a statement, so he has to listen. She just wants freedom.