58.

"I'll be the weeping willow drowning in my tears
And you can go swimming when you are here
And I'll be the rainbow after the tears are gone
Wrap you in my colors and keep you warm

That's how strong my love is, darling"

***

What year is it?

I rub my eyes, blinking a few times once I open them and stare around the dark room; where I'm curled up in the middle of the bed on top of the covers.

Wait, I fell asleep?

What time is it?

I pull myself up, stretching and look towards the clock on the bedside table seeing it illuminating 12.00 AM in neon red.

Jesus I didn't mean to fall asleep, let alone sleep most of the damn night away. As pathetic as it sounds, I think I just cried myself into exhaustion. My emotions were just so all over the place.

I got frustrated that I was crying which only made me cry more because I was frustrated.

The emptiness in the room jolts my foggy brain back to reality from it's sleep state and the reason I'm in the room alone slaps me in the face.

Harry.

God he must think I've just sat here this whole time ignoring him.

I know how upset and hurt I was earlier, but a nap does wonders for a bad attitude and in hindsight the whole thing seems ridiculous.

Well, ridiculous to get to the point that it did.

I can see it more clearly now that my brain isn't fogged with the sensory overload of my emotions. I'm calm now and it's like I'm seeing the whole thing with clear eyes.

I feel awful. I hate arguing with him.

I could have handled it a lot better.

I feel even more awful that he's been out there on his own this whole time thinking I'm still upset with him.

I crawl off of the bed, still feeling groggy and make my way to the door; feeling my heart ache over the thought that Harry probably went to bed alone.

However, what I'm met with when I open the bedroom door sucker punches me in the stomach that hard my knees nearly give out.

Harry is sat in the hallway against the wall next to the door, his arms folded over his bent knees for a pillow with his face perched on them asleep.

The sharp pain that shoots through me is knocking the air out of my lungs, and I take the few short steps towards him, before crouching down to my knees next to him.

I feel like an asshole that's locked their puppy out of the room and went to sleep without it.

Except this puppy is the love of my life.

I bring my hand up to smooth some of his long messy hair away from his face that's fallen in front of it, and watch as his brows twitch together and his bottom lip pokes out with a sleepy sigh.

That sad frown on his sleeping cherub face is breaking my fucking heart.

"Hey pretty boy" I whisper, trying to wake him up as gently as possible, "Wakey wakey, c'mon."

Harry grumbles again, and I see him start to stir; his eyes fluttering behind his lids before they start to blink open.

I run my fingers through the front of his long hair, giving him a sad smile "There's my sweet boy - what are you doing sleeping in a hallway, huh?"