Chapter 13 Tomorrow A New Day

The newly made couple had been sitting there holding each other in that close embrace for quite sometime after that little talk. The two had obviously enjoyed this night and continued to through there moment. Dedede opened his eyes to still be holding his snail companion. "So was this the best party you ever had Goonie?" Dedede asked softly holding onto the mollusks shell keeping him balanced in his arms. The snail did not answer. "Goonie?" Dedede asked wondering why he got no response. Dedede shifted Escargoon over a bit only to see he had fallen asleep in his arms. Escargoon was just breathing in and out gently, smiling softly as he slept. Dedede didn't want to wake him but..at the same time still wanted to talk to him more. He didn't want this night to end just yet... But Escargoon looked so cute when he slept.

Dedede softly shook his shoulder to try to nudge him to wake up. "Ugh...Huh?" Escargoon grunted waking up softly. "Hey sunshine you fell asleep on me." Dedede smirked a little as he teased a bit. "S-sorry...I was really comfortable on you your majesty." Escargoon spoke gently rubbing his eye from being woken up. Dedede gently patted the mollusks head before he spoke once more. "I'm glad you were making ya self comfy. I was too...If it is to late for ya to be up this late we can just ya know..go our separate ways for the night.." Dedede supposed not sounding completely sure if that's what he wanted at that moment. If Dedede was being honest with himself he wanted Escargoon too stay more than anything at that moment.

"W-well I don't wanna have to go just so I can sleep sire.." Escargoon smiled gently at the king. "I-I'll just try to stay up its fine." The snail yawned. Dedede knew Escargoon was exhausted from the long day he had but wasn't going to bed because of him. "Look Goonie lets call it a night. You look real tired." Dedede empathized trying to get the snail to go get some rest. Escargoon grabbed onto Dedede's suit lightly. "But I don't wanna have to sleep without you sire...I-i did just get you back.." Escargoon testified not wanting to leave Dedede's side even for the night. Dedede looked into the snails big green eyes, they practically begged him to let him stay with him.

"Do you..wanna just sleep in my room with me then? W-we can talk till ya fall asleep and stuff if you want." Dedede asked hoping it would make Escargoon happy. "Actually as much as I like my room your majesty I...I would much rather just share the room with you if that's OK?" Escargoon returned a question with another seeming quite hopeful for a yes. "Sure. That's OK with me, My room's big enough to hold all ya stuff...But lets not worry about all that tonight lets just think about getting some shut eye and maybe talking a little more while we can.." Dedede softly exclaimed keeping the conversation calm. Escargoon nodded in agreement as he gently lifted himself off of the king to stand up. "I suppose we should head in now." Escargoon exclaimed. "Yeah guess we should." Dedede stood up holding Escargoon's hand as he did so. The two began to walk back in and took one last look at the night sky before closing the doors to the balcony. They would both never ever forget how beautiful the night was.

As the two head in they had realizes they were both still wearing there suits. "Hey Goon...that thing getting a bit uncomfortable for ya?" Dedede asked Escargoon as he looked down at his suit. "A little. I have been wearing it all night at the party and all. I even ran up the stairs with it on." Escargoon chuckled a little at the thought of how long they had been wearing there formal attire. "Well I'm getting changed outta these stuffy clothes for bed over there...No peeking OK?" Dedede teased as he walked behind his changing doors. "I won't!" Escargoon chuckled once more as he walked over to the dresser. Escargoon began to take of his suit and fold it up neatly as he put it on the dresser. He made sure his star pin was safe one the top of the suit clipped onto the front as it was all night. Escargoon smiled at it once more before walking away from his suit as he waited on Dedede. "Ready to sleep your majesty?" Escargoon called out. Dedede walked out only wearing his signature robe and that only. "All ready!" Dedede announced as he threw his suit lazily onto his changing doors.

Dedede and Escargoon both walked to the left and right sides of the bed and both gently slid in. The two felt a tad bit shy even though they had slept in the same bed before. Suppose it was the new found love doing so. "So I guess we just sleep now?" Dedede asked as he turned onto his side to look to Escargoon. "Well no we don't have to sleep just yet we can still talk a little more." Escargoon smiled softly resting his head on the soft pillow as he turned to face his king. "Well whatcha wanna talk about?" Dedede asked sweetly. "Here's a good question. How did you get a bed this big and this comfortable? This bed feels amazing." Escargoon grinned as he sunk into the bed a bit feeling more and more comfortable by the second. "Lots of money I happened to get off NME. And keep it between us they don't know I took nothing." Dedede snickered as he looked to his snail lover.

"Dedede that's so devious!...I knew ya still did a few crumby things." Escargoon smirked knowing how Dedede acts. Dedede just snickered again before sighing happily. "Lemme ask you something. How are you so cute?" Dedede asked as he put a hand on the snails cheek. Escargoon giggled softly before answering. "My genes?" The snail blushed as he answered. "But Goonie you don't wear pants..." Dedede answered clearly not thinking of the same word. Escargoon just chuckled in response as he shifted closer to Dedede so he can hold him close again. "You are just the cutest and yet the dumbest person I have ever met Dedede." Escargoon grinned looking up at his king as he felt himself get sleepy. "I know! Ain't I something~" Dedede smiled as he look like he was ready to fall asleep as well. "Guess we should just finally sleep now huh." Dedede said as he felt his eyes grow heavy staring at Escargoon.

"Wait...there's one more thing I have to do before this night ends." Escargoon said gently as he inched even closer. He put both his hands on Dedede's cheeks and pulled him in for a gentle kiss on the lips...or well beak. Dedede was a bit surprised by this but smiled gently as it all happened. Escargoon was right that was the last thing this night needed. They both blushed as it all went down they held the kiss for as long as they could before having to let go to breathe. After they stopped the two breathed gently looking into each others eyes. "Th-that was amazing..." Dedede let out in between breathes. "That was all I needed to make this night perfect...I love you so much Dedede..." Escargoon let out in between his own breathes as well. Dedede wrapped both arms around Escargoon before speaking again. "I love you too Goonie. I love you so much that I got more stuff planned for you tomorrow. We gon do anything you want its gonna be great. That sound good?" Dedede asked looking down at Escargoon who looked sleepy as ever.

"Yeah sire that sounds great but now I just want to sleep here with you..." Escargoon spoke gently. "Okay...Nighty night Escargoon." Dedede said shutting his eyes and drifting off to sleep slowly. Escargoon grinned before shutting his eyes too and gently muttering "Nighty night Dedede." As those last good nights were said the two had fallen asleep in the most comfortable way they could. They both hadn't slept this well in quite sometime. The fact they were together must have let them sleep with ease. And so the tale ends here. The missing ally was never truly missing cause in the end. He came home and was not forgotten, replaced or anything. He was welcomed back with open arms by the old comrades and the new. He was loved by the one he always wanted to be with and most importantly is now known as.

"Escargoon. Kirby's Newest Star Ally"

The End