Chapter 12 Fallen In Love Dedede?

Dedede had proceeded to fidget in place after saying that. It was quite obvious that he had a lot more too say. "I mean only if you wanna hear more of dis kinda stuff tonight. We can just talk more tomorrow if its too much right now...I mean I have probably kept you up all night." Dedede sputtered out, knowing it was obviously late and Escargoon was probably tired. "No, no its fine. I won't lie I took a long nap before the party..Not to mention I-..I missed staying up like this." Escargoon admitted softly looking out the balcony. Dedede looked down at Escargoon wondering why he had missed it. "I didn't stay up like this when I had left...I always just went to sleep early cause...School and stuff. What you would find boring sire." Escargoon smirked a bit looking up at Dedede, joking just a little. "I missed being up late with you. I almost wanted you to somehow be there to wake me up for one of your dumb reasons..." Escargoon confessed looking out again.

Dedede stared at Escargoon almost longingly. He had felt bad he couldn't be there for him at those moments. "Guess you missed me just as much as I missed you.." Dedede muttered softly. Escargoon smiled sadly in return. "Yeah...Life wasn't the same without you...I'm just..happy to be home here with you now. If it were my choice I would never let this night end." Escargoon said as he continued to look at the night sky. Dedede wanted to hold his hand again but hesitated a bit. "Goonie there is one thing I have to tell you tonight then...I have to get it off my chest.." Dedede sputtered once more looking more nervous than Escargoon normally would...which was odd for the king. Escargoon noticed how odd it was the moment he looked at him but pretended like he didn't notice. "Well we have tons of time tonight so you can tell me whenever you want." Escargoon calmly answered staring out.

Dedede nervously fidgeted once more before speaking again. " When you uh..left. It had me thinking a lot about you.. Not just the way I treated ya but other things bout well..us.." Dedede stuttered trying to keep his cool. "I started thinking about how you would like hug me when you were scared and how you would take care of me like I was so special and I just." Dedede attempted to admit something but just couldn't get the words out. He was stuttering and sweating he was. A mess. Escargoon kept noticing it but didn't wanna call it out and make it worse. "Y-yes I acted like that back then a-and I still would. What about it?" Escargoon asked now really curious as too why Dedede was acting like this.

Dedede looked away from Escargoon shyly now scratching the back of his head. "What I'm trying to say is through out that time of us being together all the time there was something I wanted too tell ya and I didn't and I regret just not opening my trap to just to tell you this." Dedede turned to Escargoon and gently took his hand again. "Escargoon..I...I think i'm in love with y-you.." Dedede confessed looking into Escargoon's eyes having trouble keeping his eyes on him. "No I-I don't think... I- I know I am and have been for a long time. I hope you..you feel the same.." Dedede let out sounding more nervous than he ever had. A noticeable blush had grown on the penguins face. Dedede was even shaking out of how nervous he was for Escargoon's response.

Escargoon was shocked he had never thought this would happen. Dedede confessing to him? He always thought it would be the other way around. Escargoon felt his cheeks heat up and fast same for the tears now running down his face. This time though they were not sad tears. They were the type of tears that were not uncommon when he was around Dedede. The happiest kind. "I love you too sire.." Escargoon let out before holding Dedede's hand back tightly, reassuring him everything was OK. Dedede began too feel himself tear up again. "If I'm bein honest with ya..Did not e-expect to cry this much tonight.." Dedede said softly wiping his own eyes off on his robe. Escargoon suddenly went in to hug him which surprised Dedede a bit but he ended up hugging back. "I loved you back then too...A lot sire...I-I was scared you would find out back then and well.. make fun of me..." Escargoon empathized as he held onto Dedede as tight as he could just enjoying this moment as much as he could.

Dedede spoke up again pulling Escargoon a bit so he could look at him. "Make fun of you? I wouldn't do that to you! Your feelings are something you can't change Goonie...Same for me too in this case" Dedede smiled looking at Escargoon this close made him so happy. Especially the fact Escargoon was smiling. "I was just worried you would...I thought you'd call me weird or something for it..." Escargoon chuckled tears still running down his cheeks. Dedede wiped them off Escargoons eyes. "I can't call you weird for that. I felt like that too." Dedede spoke softly gently caressing his cheek with one hand. Escargoon began to chuckle and then sunk into his hand a bit. "I never thought I would ever be near you like this.." Escargoon muttered letting himself practically sink into Dedede's hand as his eyes shut. The blush on Dedede got much bigger seeing this, Escargoons face blushed just as hard. Dedede actually had trouble doing anything at that moment except looking at Escargoon.

Escargoon opened his eyes too see Dedede's eyes locked on him, Escargoon smiled in return. "Y-you can't look away can you?" The snail asked shyly. Dedede shook his own head to try to not be so entranced by how cute the mollusk was. "I-its hard to but I c-can.." Dedede stuttered as he looked away from Escargoon. Escargoon laughed before hugging him once more. "Ya big softy. I knew you would fall in love sometime Dedede...I'm just happy you fell in love with me..." Escargoon spoke as he buried himself into the crooks of Dedede's neck as he hugged him. Dedede smiled before hugging back again.

Dedede had thought as he held him close. He had been told since he was a kid. Life is short, Fall in love Dedede. He had even thought for a while he had lost that so called love he had thought he found. But in the end through all the good and bad times. Here it was the love he always wanted in his arms holding him close, not ever wanting to let go. Dedede just smiled more letting himself cry as much as he needed too. This was his moment, There moment at that. They deserved to just sit there and enjoy it for as long as they wanted.

Everything the two could ever want or need was there and it wasn't going anywhere. Ever again.