<--15-->

Days had passed, weeks even, and Firey and Leafy never saw any sign of the infected. Not even their leader, Lightning. They weren't complaining though, this just gave them more time to bond more... as if they hadn't already.

The usually spent their days simply chatting about things, whether those this be good or bad. They would very often vent about this whole thing and even other things that went on in their life. But one day... they were both silent. They didn't have anything left to talk about.

'...Actually...'  Firey thought. 'I should tell her the truth right now, shouldn't I?'

Firey took a deep breath, sat up, and looked to Leafy.

"Leafy? I need to say something."

"Say whatever you want Firey, ill be here to listen!" She smiled and turned to him.

Firey smiled a little too and began to talk.

"I actually... DO remember you from BFDI, i remember how we were friends, and i never forgot any of that. I was lying in BFDIA."

"Wait... then why did you say you didn't remember me even though you actually did?"

"Back then i was afraid everyone would hate me if they saw i was on your side but... because of that interaction between Coiny and Pin, i now know that they really didn't care... and im sorry for that..."

"Oh...."

Leafy thought for a while before looking up.

"I... understand why you thought that... and it does seem silly that they didn't actually care after all this time, but you played it safe right?"

"Yeah?"

"And im glad that you did that even though it hurt me emotionally... but to be honest, i really don't care now. At least i know the truth!"

"Oh my... you're so much kinder than i thought you were, i though you would get angry at me for sure!"

"Nope!"

Firey breathed a sigh of relief before leaning on Leafy. She put an arm around him, and for the rest of the day, they talked about other things, just like the usual. 

"Oh jeez... i knew we should have sent some stronger objects..."

Four looked up at Lightning and shrugged, unable to say much more.

"Don't just shrug, Four, this is a big problem! If we run low on contestants or just run out altogether, our plan is RUINED!"

Four looked around and grabbed a stick. He began to write a message in the dirt.

'Technically it's your fault since you were the one who sent them.'

"Oh- SHUT UP!" Lightning slapped Four, but it hardly seemed to faze him. He began writing another message.

'Alright, alright. How about we send out the ones that can fly and see if they can find the last two? Then we can send everyone we have out to the place they are if they do end up finding them.'

"Hm... good idea actually. Ill go fetch them."

'K.'

Eventually, lightning found all of the flyers and sent them out on a journey to find the last two.

"Search all across Goiky, even the places that no-one goes to anymore. Don't come back until you've found them."

They all nodded and flew into the sky. As soon as the disappeared from sight, Lightning turned back to Four.

"I should probably do the same since i can fly too, shouldn't i?"

Four grabbed the stick and wrote again.

'I mean, if ya want, or you can just stay here, i don't ca-' Lightning cut him off before he could finish the last word. He crossed his arms.

"You want me to stay here, don't you."

Four sighed and erased the sentence.

'...Yes.'

"Ok, i guess i will then."

Four actually looked excited for a second, but forced himself to put on a serious face.

"Anyway, it's pretty late. We should sleep."

Four ran over and sat at the base of a tree, while Lightning followed him. Usually, Lightning would lay on a tree branch but... he felt different today. He sat on Four's head instead.

Four wasn't bothered by this, though, although he was a bit confused.

"Well, You said you wanted me to stay here. Im not saying anything else."

Four looked at him with a smug "are you sure about that" face.

"...Ok fine im sorry for slapping you."

Four nodded slowly and then put a thumbs-up.

And meanwhile, the flyers kept searching.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i hate everything about this chapter, and thats something you almost never hear me say

it sucks because im loSING INSPIRATION OH GOD HELP ME KNDBKDNFKBD

ok but seriously i dont like this chapter at all, it's really short too hhhh

i just brought in my stupid headcanon on the firey and leafy part

but i feel like im not allowed to hate this chapter because something that happens in it plays a HUGE role in progressing the story forwards but i wont say what event that was because spoilers and i think ive said too much alrEADY-

ok bye now

-RH