<--9-->

Four's eyes darted around, trying to look for any trace of his contestants at all. This forest was way bigger than the other one... bigger than he thought. But he knew that some dumb trees couldn't stop him. He continued to run, and finally saw something move out of the corner of his eye.

He took a sharp turn and shot himself straight towards the moving thing, charging his lasers.

"...Firey, stop."

"Wait, why?"

"I heard a noise. Stop running, i know what we can do."

Firey screeched to a halt, and Leafy followed. She then grabbed Firey and yeeted him onto the closest tree's lowest tree branch. Firey yelped and grabbed on to it, trying not to fall off. Leafy then flung herself up onto the tree brand.

"...What are you doing?"

"Im tryna get you to the top of this tree to hide. I think that noise might have been one of the infected, and i know that no-one, well, except for me, can climb trees so, UP WE GO!"

Leafy grabbed Firey again and threw him up to the next branch. He clung on and watched as Leafy made her way up the base of the tree.

"Actually wait, i think i know a faster way. Just hold on."

"Wh- ACK!"

Leafy grabbed Firey's hand and used her other free hand to climb.

"...How are you doing this without losing your balance or falling?"

"We're both really light. But don't worry about me, just worry about the fact that we're on the run from a bunch of crazy objects."

Once they reached one of the top tree branches, they sat on it, and Leafy looked over the trees trying to find what made the noise.

"I really wanna know how you're the only contestant that can actually climb trees like that... is it because you're a leaf?"

"Oh, i may or may not have a few years of experience in the wild."

"Wait really?"

"Yeah, but that doesn't matter right now. Im trying to find what made the sou..." Her voice trailed off. "...Oh my tree. It's Four."

"'Oh my tree'?"

"It's how i say 'oh my god', ok?"

"Then why don't you just say that instea-"

"sssSHHHHH I LIKE SAYING OH MY TREE BETTER OK?"

"Alright. And you said it was Four? But he doesn't see us right?'

"I don't think so...."

Just then, a huge laser shot past the two, barely missing Firey. Firey scowled at Leafy.

"...OK MAYBE HE DOES."

"WELL WHAT DO WE DO NOW?"

"UHHH... ok, Firey, forgive me for this but-"

As soon as Four fired another laser at the two, Leafy grabbed Firey's hand yet again and jumped off the tree with full force, aiming for another tree branch on a different tree.

And that HAD to be the moment where Leafy forgot Firey was afraid of heights.

Firey's screams alerted Four that they had jumped out of the tree, and he immediately found them in the air and began shooting lasers. He started to run towards the tree they were aiming at and began- surprisingly- climbing it faster than Leafy did.

"OH MY G- TREE, YOU GOTTA ME KIDDING ME."

As soon as she landed, she took Firey and held him against her chest before jumping again, just to make sure that she couldn't accidentally drop him. His screams suddenly came to a stop as he held onto Leafy, praying that she wouldn't lose her balance and fall every time she landed on a branch.

As she jumped, she realized that Four was also jumping across to different branches following them.

"HOW DOES HE KNOW HOW TO DO ALL THIS CRA- STUFF- ALL OF A SUDDEN?!"

Leafy kept jumping, hoping that eventually she would outrun him, but no matter how many jumped away Four was, he would always find his way back to them. Leafy was getting extremely tired by this point, and was starting to slow down.

Then all of a sudden, Four finally caught up to them and jumped on Leafy's back, almost making her fall backwards as Firey screamed again. So did Leafy. Leafy was able to kick Four off of her and send him falling to the ground, but not before he scratched Leafy on the top right of her head, and scratched Firey on the top left of his.

Leafy jumped down from the branch and almost collapsed. She felt to where the cut was, and winced once she touched the blood. It hurt like hell, and she didn't do good with blood. She looked back at the unconscious Four laying on the ground, and then felt Firey pick her up.

"It's ok, ill take it from here. Im a fast runner, ill get us away from this place!" He stared at her with confidence and determination in his eyes.

As Firey ran, Leafy's vision blurred, and she let out a sigh as she closed her eyes.

"Yes Leafy, rest... ill be right here with you..." Leafy could feel Firey rub the side of her head- well, the side that the cut wasn't on- as she began to lose consciousness.

"Ill be right here."

...

...

...

...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

haHA MORE FIREAFY >:D

like i said there's gonna be a lot of that in this book

anyway yeah next part and FOUR HOW DARE YOU HURT MY BEANS?!?!?!?!

eh im sure they'll be fine

word count: 851

-RH