Chapter Seven: Lets Go Home

When the doors closed, I sighed quietly. What a day. Blue and Yellow still had their backs turned, so I quietly made my way back to the other door. Once there, with the silence still looming, I broke it. "Blue? Why didn't you tell me about Rose Quartz?" I asked, making it seem as though I was in that exact spot the whole time and had just come out from hiding. "Is that why all these gems are bubbled like this?" "(y/n)," Blue said, turning quickly. "I didn't know you were there." "I'm good at not being noticed." I shrugged. "Which shouldn't be the case," Blue said with an adorable droopy smile on her face. Her hands formed a little platform for me to climb onto and she drew me up for Yellow to see.

Speaking of Yellow, she wasn't saying anything, just observing me with disdainful curiosity. "Why would Blue be so affectionate to a measly little human?!" She was no-doubt wondering. "Blue?" She asked. I looked back at Blue like a small child who was shy around a new playmate. "Go on and introduce yourself, little one, she doesn't bite... other diamonds..." Blue smiled, amusedly. Yellow quirked an eyebrow. I turned back to her with my back straight and my hoodie freshly dusted off of any non-existent dirt. "Hi, I'm (y/n), and my mom was Pink Diamond. It's a pleasure to meet you." I said, with a large nod of respect. Yellow just blinked. Twice. "Come again?" She asked. I pulled up my hoodie, revealing the big pink jewel. Her eyes widened at the sight. She said nothing. "She's half of Pink, Yellow." Blue said, stars forming in her eyes. "We still have half of her left." "..." Yellow was silent. "What and where is the other half of her?"

I couldn't take it, I started to laugh. "That's a really long story." I said, wiping a tear away. "We have time." Yellow said. A chuckle bubbled in my throat. "You know, it's almost becoming a game of sorts, to see how many gems I gross out with human sex-education." Blue quickly covered my mouth before I could say anymore. "You really don't want to know, Yellow. She told my Agate and I almost saw the poor gem faint from the recollection. It's revolting." "To Gems maybe, but humans sure do seem to enjoy it." You said, pushing Blue's finger forward. "That's enough, little one." She pushed it right back. "Okay okay, I'll stop." You sighed, playfully. "Just know that I'm half human, Yellow."

"So that's why I couldn't tell you apart from one." Yellow contemplated. "You are quite... er..." "Underwhelming?" I suggested. "Pitiful would be my preferred term, but that works..." "Yellow," Blue cut in. "She's not wrong, Blue." I shrugged. "At least I didn't age like a human. That'd be a little bit gross. All wrinkly and ancient. I'd practically be crumbling apart in your hand!" Blue furrowed her eyebrows as she smiled. "Well, now that the secret is out... I'd say it's time for me to... reveal another surprise." "Hmm?" Yellow asked. "I understand that humans need food and water, so I've enlisted the help of some of my Lapis Lazulis to terraform a place for you to get all those things on Homeworld." "Homeworld?" I repeated. "You mean, we're going there?" "That is correct!" Blue said, happily. "Come on, little one. Let's go home."

**Third Person P.O.V.**

As the door closed, Pearl gave Steven a 'where is she?' look, and he gave her a 'drop it' gesture. When they got back to the ruby ship, Steven quickly shut the doors, watching as Holly Blue Agate sat on her knees, defeated. The sight made him smile, but the smile was soon dropped. "What gives? Why'd we leave her back there?" Amethyst asked. "She didn't want to come back." Steven sighed. "I wasn't about to make her." "What?! You'd let her be held captive in a human zoo?! Steven!" Garnet said, stopping the ship and turning around. "No! Garnet! It's not as bad as you think, and besides that's not why she wanted to stay!" Steven said. "Why would she want to stay?" Pearl asked. "Because she doesn't want to be cast out by other humans anymore. The humans in the zoo are the only ones who make her feel accepted. And she doesn't really like me much after she found out about what my mom did to..." Steven trailed off.

"After what Rose did to who?" Garnet asked, the ship sitting dead still in the vastness of space. "She's... like me. Half-gem, Half-human. And she was outcast from society because of it. She doesn't want to go back to that life, so she went with Blue Diamond... there." "We could make her feel welcome. It's dangerous for her to be around the Diamonds." Garnet said, about ready to head right back for the zoo. "Actually it's not. She has no reason to fear them! She's one of them!" Steven said. The ship was silent. "... She's what?" Pearl asked. "She's a half-diamond." Steven said. "What color?!" If it were possible, Pearl went paler than she already was. "Pink."
(A/N: Why do I take so fricking long to do this stuff? I have no clue. Also that picture of Pink is GORGEOUS and I love it!!!)