Chapter Two: The Zoo

**Blue Diamond's P.O.V.**

"So, you don't feel the food as it passes through your body?" I asked, to which the little (Y/n) replied, "No. You see, there aren't that many nerves in our digestive system. Nerves determine our feeling sensations. For example," She touched Blue Pearl's arm. "You felt my hand, right?" "Yes." Blue Pearl replied. "If you were a human, that'd be thanks to your nerves. They send signals to the brain, telling it that something is touching you on your arm, and then you can recognize it as my hand." (Y/n) explained. "How curious?" Blue Pearl replied. "Humans have such complex bodies."

"Yes, and the more complex, the more fragile, sadly." (Y/n) sighed. "Hush, little one." I said, stroking her (h/l), (h/c) hair. "You are stronger than most humans." "My Diamond," A Turquoise came near. "My luminous, lustrous, glimmering, sparkling Diamond;" "Yes, Turqoise?" I asked. "We'll be arriving at the Human Zoo, shortly. Should I alert Holly Blue Agate?" "Yes. Tell her that I have a special guest with me." I said, smiling down at (Y/n). She smiled back, and I could tell that the compliments were getting to her, when I saw her face turn slightly pink.

"You're looking a little bit more like her, little one." I said. "How so?" "You're blushing, it makes your skin a pinkish color." I explained. "A very lovely shade of pink, might I add." "Oh." She laughed, a tinge of shyness in her voice. "So what's the 'Human Zoo' about?" She asked. "My Holly Blue Agate will explain in more detail as she gives you the tour of the facility, but I'll give you the basics. Pearl, if you would be so kind," My pearl used her gem to project the earth a few thousand years ago.

"When your mother claimed the earth as her colony, she was fascinated with the humans that lived on the planet. She knew that the geo-weapon incubating inside of the Earth would destroy it, as well as all the organic life on it. So, she had a station built, that would make a safe, artificially natural, habitat for a select few humans that she'd preserve. That way, she'd be able to save a tiny part of the human race." All the while, the story had been accompanied by a visual representation from my Pearl. After witnessing the account, (Y/n) nodded in understanding.

Just then, we arrived at the station, and the airlock system on my palanquin was activated. When we were completely inside the station, the airlock let up, and I stepped out with (Y/n) and Blue Pearl. My trustworthy Holly Blue Agate appeared in the door. "My Diamond," She greeted me, with a low bow. "My wondrous, luminous, flawless, lustrous Diamond." "Agate, you received word that I have a guest with me, did you not?" I asked, stepping out and taking off my cloak. "Yes, I did." She affirmed.

"(Y/n)," I motioned for her to step forward. She seemed surprised by the fact that I called her by her name, but stepped forward anyway. Holly Blue was slightly confused. "A... Human?" She asked. "With all due respect, my Diamond, your special guest is a lowly human?" I saw (Y/n)'s fist clench and I glared at my Agate. "You should be able to detect a diamond when you see her, Agate." I warned. (Y/n) lifted up her shirt, to show her diamond to the gems surrounding her.

Holly Blue's eyes widened and she fell to her knees, groveling at (Y/n)'s feet, pleading for forgiveness and for her gem to be spared. "Forgive me, oh flawless Pink Diamond!" She pleaded. "I didn't know; I didn't know!" "You are forgiven, get up." (Y/n) said, stepping back and shifting her gaze, awkwardly. The amethysts behind Holly Blue snickered. (Y/n) looked at them. "And what is so funny?" I asked. They fell silent. "Forgive us, oh glimmering Blue Diamond." They all said, making that same symbol with their hands, and bowing.

I could almost feel the surge of confidence that swept through (Y/n), as she walked toward them. She was most definitely smirking. "We're serious. What's the cause for laughter?" She asked. The Amethysts didn't dare look her in the eye, so she simply raised the chin of one skinny jasper. "Well? How about you answer the question?" "Uh, well, you see..." She began. "Holly Blue runs this place in your absence and she's very horrible to the rest of us. So, to see her like that, kissing at your feet was..." "Satisfying?" (Y/n) finished. They all nodded. "Yes."