trente neuf

A/N:

thanks for 30k!

"You know when you said we should go on a date i didn't expect you to bring the whole squad." Taehyung mumbled, sitting in the very corner of the small karaoke, the multicoloured lights reflecting on his face in the dimly lit room.

In front of him was a large table, covered in different snacks and fast foods, the six people he now spent most of his time with scattered around the cramped room, Jungkook next to him, Seokjin and Namjoon also on the seats chatting away whilst sharing a pizza and Hoseok, Jimin and Yoongi just getting it with mics in their hands and eyes glued to the screen flashing the music video to Twice "Me Likey" with the lyrics underneath.

His boyfriend chuckled as he placed a large hand onto his thigh.

"Aw come on baby, hanging out with everyone isn't that bad is it?"

Taehyung looked up from the space he was staring at to glare at the younger, his arms crossed.

"Don't call me baby." He gritted. "I would have prefered going home and enjoying some alone time."

Jungkook scooted closer to him, sliding an arm around his shoulder to bring him closer to his body, making the communication easier within the loud room.

"I know you're not the most social person." Jungkook said, his free hand going to Taehyung's thigh again to stroke his leg up and down. "But try to loosen up and have fun, these are our friends, besides, if you're worried about the alone time, we could alway do an after party to make up for that." As he ushered his last words lowly in Taehyung's ear, his hand crept up to settle just underneath Taehyung's crotch, sliding towards his inner thigh slightly and making a pleasuring chill go down his spine.

But Taehyung huffed, grabbed his hand, pushing it further down his thigh and then flicking Jungkook's forehead to get him out of his personal space.

"You know that's not what i meant." He chuckled, looking up to see Namjoon and Seokjin staring at the interactions with knowing eyes and large grins.

"What're you looking at?" Jungkook said to the two older with a cornered smile after following Taehyung's gaze.

"Your cheesy interactions." Seokjin answered as he nodded his head their way, as if mocking them slightly.

"Jealous?" Taehyung spat over he music and obnoxiously loud singing with a small smirk, quirking his eyebrow and looking between Namjoon and Seokjin knowingly making both of them shy away from each other and their teasing looking opposite directions.

Jungkook's head shot his way with surprised eyes, his eyebrows raised with a small, shocked smile on his lips.

"Damn baby, savage." The nickname earned him and immediate slap on his shoulder, making him snicker slightly.

The atmosphere was light around them, despite Taehyung being slightly grumpy because of the extended social interaction. It was near summer break, the singing trio were incredibly off tune and the soon to be couple were as awkward around each other as ever as the lights traveled over their dark figures.

But soon, the song ended, having Hoseok, Yoongi and Jimin turn back to the four who hadn't sung, probably expecting them to offer taking over the mic.

"Who wants to go?" Hoseok said breathily, still tired from his extensive singing.

The other people in the room seemed reluctant, a slightly awkward situation arising. Yoongi sensing this, quickly retrieved the mic from the table.

"I can go with someone." He said, but his attempt at solving the conflict was soon shut down by Jimin, who had sat back down and picked some chips with his bandaged hand.

"Oh no." He sighs, looking back at Yoongi with sly eyes and a cornered smirk. "Please spare our ears."

Yoongi, who is still standing up with a mic in his hand, shoots him a sharp glare then turns to face him better, putting all his weight on one leg. It is now silent in the cramped room that smells of soda and fast food, the conversations having died down with the shock of Jimin's rudeness.

"Why the fuck are you so fucking bitchy with me?" he asks.

"Yoongi-"Hoseok calls out as if to stop him, he was standing between his provoking boyfriend and his fuming best friend, trying to calm the fire down before anything got too serious.

But his attempt at piece was cut off by a visibly angry Yoongi, who slowly raised a hand in a silent 'shut up', also stopping Hoseok from shielding his boyfriend, as he spoke.

"No shut the fuck up Hoseok. I've been keeping it in because you're fucking dating or whatever, but i'm really fucking sick of being treated like fucking trash by this fucking midget." Yoongi's gravely voice spat rather harshly, and though he didn't speak particularly loud, his voice was clear despite the dull ringing of the singing and music in the adjacent rooms.

"Cause you fucking are." Jimin scoffed, leaning forward slightly. "Gramps."

"Yah! Jimin." Seokjin called from the other side of the room. He was pretty close to the grey haired boy since they had worked in the same cafe for a while before Yoongi started helping out his grandparents and from their hangouts with the others..

Taehyung, who sat next to Jimin though there was space for at least two people between them, galred at the smaller darkly. Not that he had anything against him, he was just really getting on his last nerve trying to get Yoongi to snap. They hadn't known each other for long, but he knew Jimin wasn't usually like this, and he didn't understand why he was being so mean to Yoongi in particular.

"What?" Jimin called from the other side of the table, looking over at Seokjin. "It's true isn't it? Why do we even hang out w-"

Unknowingly to Jimin, the older had slowly tilted his head back, glaring at Jimin from his higher position standing, cracking his fingers one by one with his thumb. Hoseok was looking at him with slight worry in his eyes, so was Taehyung.

They were both worried he would fall back into his old ways of handling things.

Instead though, he turned around and walked out, slamming the door behind him and cutting Jimin's words with the loud sound.

Taehyung bolted up as soon as he did, making his way to Jimin when Jungkook got a hold of his wrist but the older wanked himself free, getting out of seats and standing in front of Hoseok, facing Jimin with a glare. Hoseok had made a move for the door after a little bit of hesitation, but Taehyung grabbed his arm, still looking at Jimin.

"You're being a fucking asshole." He said coldly, making all of their eyes widen. "I hope you realise that."