Dreams and Jutsu part 16

Start from the beginning

Whilst busy with my thoughts I watched as Sasori started to fry an egg. "Scrambled or sunny side up?" he asked, glancing at me from over his shoulder.

"Scrambled" I replied, now fidgeting a little. I felt comfortable with him around, I don't know why. I usually try and convince myself not to think these ridiculous thoughts about love but it wasn't like that at all. It was natural. I was at ease, apart from right in this moment, I hadn't had to think overly about it. I wondered if it was just me. Or, did he feel it too.. I guess there's only one way to find out..

"Sasori, can I ask you.." I begin. He glances back over at me again. "No Tila, I don't think we should talk about that now". He turns back around towards the stove. Wait. what? Did he just read my mind? Well that was confusing.. Okay maybe I shouldn't ask, or overthink it. I hear footsteps approaching and I turn around to see who it is, a pale girl with blue hair walks in yawning.

"Good Morning, you must be Tila. It's nice to meet you I'm Konan". She takes a seat next to me.

"It's nice to meet you too". I return her small smile. I didn't expect there to be another girl within the Akatsuki, I'd only seen guys so far. It was pleasantly surprising. Sasori pulled out a plate and chopsticks then shoved the scrambled eggs onto the plate. "Morning Konan".

She raised a brow, watching Sasori bemusedly. "You don't eat Sasori.. This is the last place I would expect to see you". He pushed the plate and sticks in front of me. "Don't get used to it" His unbothered air unwavering as he replied. She gave a faint, playful chuckle before standing and proceeding to make her own meal.

Sasori grabbed a newspaper off the bench and sat beside me. "Thankyou" I said quietly, Sasori just nod and continued to read. I started eating slowly, I wanted to know why he didn't eat but I thought maybe now wouldn't be the best time to ask. So, I left the subject alone and finished of my surprisingly delicious eggs.

When I'd finished Sasori and I headed back to his room. He said he had some important things to tend to. He insisted that I rest before hastily leaving.

_________________

I laid down on his bed for a while, not really knowing what to do. I wasn't tired. Actually, I wanted to go and train but I didn't want Sasori's efforts to go to waste. If I somehow end up naked and unconscious again he probably won't be very happy about it.. Maybe I should go and explore. No harm can come from that right?

I contemplate a little while longer, then, decide to get up and head down the hallway. I hear a faint voice coming from the training room. I keep walking down. Just before I get there, the voice disappears. I walk into the big cave-like training room and see that it's completely empty. So, I decide to head down one of the other halls that I'd never been down before. I keep walking until I stumble across a large archway, as I peer inside I see a big guy with a black cloth that covered his mouth on sitting on the couch.

"So your feeling better are you?" His deep voice asks. It fills the room. "Yeah I guess so, how did you know.." I stop as he stands up from the couch and walks over.

"I'm Kakuzu, the one who stitched you up" He looked down at me. Those eyes, green and red. It was intense. "Oh right, thanks" I try to avoid direct eye contact. Now focusing on how tall he was.

"So, you're the girl that Leader recruited, you don't look too special to me..." He seemed to be contemplating my form, gaze scanning my face. I had no idea what he was looking foe exactly, was he sizing me up right now?

I notice his headband. "I don't think I'm special either to be honest.. Wait. You're from my village?" I pointing up at it. His green and red eyes narrow slightly. "Yes, I was. I left that place a long time ago.. Long before you were born" he says gruffly.

"But, then you must have known of my ability?" I pondered the possibility aloud.

"I may have, I may have not. It depends, what is your ability? The hidden waterfall clans had a few and it was a long time ago, I can't remember that far back." he sighed.

"Well, I can use water and lightning Chakra nature.." He peered into my face closely. Jesus, does this guy know how intimidating that was, had he not heard of breaking eye contact once in while.. "So you can use Storm Release Techniques then?" He questioned me, curiously.

"Huh? No.." I reply, confused by his response. His harsh laugh cuts through the air before turns and goes back to his spot on the couch.

"Wait! Can I use Storm Release? Do you know how? Can you please train me?" I rush over and sit down next to him. Pushing my face in front of him to get his attention.

"Haha, Look kid, You just got out of the infirmity. Aren't you supposed to be resting?" He waves his hand dismissively at me.

"Please I need to get stronger Kakuzu, your from my village.. No one else can teach me this," I say, desperately trying to convince him.

"Fine. Shut up and let's go." He stands and pushes my face to the side. Was that surprisingly easy or what! I followed him down the hall to the training room. Who would've thought my luck would finally have struck today. It must have been written in the cards for me because God knows I needed the training.

"First, I need you to show me your water and lightning techniques." He takes off his cloak and throws it to the side. I nod and start to form a Chidori. He watches me as I hold it in my hand.

"Now water." I release the Chidori and start weaving signs for the Water Dragon Technique. The two twin dragons leap up into the air and spiral down, crashing together, leaving a pool of water remaining.

"I see." I'm met with that intense stare again. "See what?" I question. He ignores it and comes closer. "This won't happen overnight so don't expect it too. I'll show you how to infuse both of these Chakra natures together." He sits down and crosses his legs.

"Sit, hurry up." He beckons, I quickly sit down across from him. Kakuzu makes the sign for channelling Chakra. "Alright, you need to infuse the two Chakra natures together. This may sound easy but it takes some practise, try it." I start channelling Chakra, I start to feel it coursing through my body.

"I don't know how I'm going to get Storm Release though?" I mutter. He rolls his eyes at me. "You need to feel the two different natures inside of you then infuse them together." He seems annoyed. I can't completely make out his facial expression because of his weird cloth but I'm getting the vibe he may be wanting to already give up hope on me already..

"Okay! I will do this, you wait and see." I say. Determination takes over. "Yeah, yeah. I'll believe it when I see it, Tila" I could have sworn he'd smiled but I couldn't completely tell.. I go back to focusing on my Chakra.

'Visualise water nature within me, then lighting..' I coach myself. But, nothing. Maybe he was right, this would take a while.

_____________

Kakuzu had left some time ago. I sat there alone, meditating for what seemed like an eternity. All of a sudden I started to feel like the Chakra inside of me was watery.. Was this what I was supposed to feel? I continue concentrating on making half of that water into lightning. I visualised the formation of my Chidori and some of the water began to turn into jolts of energy.

I think I may be actually getting this.. I continue to sit there and concentrate. I wonder how I'm going to infuse the two. Think hard about how lightning and water can become one, then it finally hits me! A storm cloud.

Images of the two being formed into one, somehow infusing to form a storm cloud. Then, I feel the cloud starting to take shape, rumbling deep inside my core.

Yes!!! Success!!! All of a sudden it stops and proofs away, Oh no! I got too excited and lost it-

That took nearly a whole day for me to form, can I be any more clumsy??? Mentally scolding myself.

Oh well, I'll just keep trying, at least I know what I need to do now.