The Last Slay....For Now (22)

The next day, everyone was busy. People were cleaning up the damages from the fight, and also cleaning their wounds.

Missy, Elle, Leo and Allan had been hard at work trying to find a cure to Everest's sudden change, but so far, nothing had really been accomplished in that department.

Once training had been finished, and things had been cleaned up, I sat in the grass of the back yard, staring into the tree line.

The cold was blowing in from the South, bringing with it the beginning of winter. In just a few weeks, I went from being an invisible nobody, to saving three races from the clutches of darkness with the help of my fellow Clan members.

A tingling on my left wrist had me glancing down. The black tattoo of the pentagram was slowly turning, changing from a dark color to a brilliant gold, just like my soul.  I wondered about it shortly before deciding against trying to desipher the meaning.

Everything happened for a reason, after all.

I heard someone approach and turned to find Everest's loping red figure bounding up to my side.

He laid down on the gras, tucking his head into my lap.

"Still nothing?" I asked the wolf. He looked up at me, giving me an irritated eye roll. I didn't blame him.

"Don't worry, they'll figure something out. Hopefully Covet doesn't get all Jacob Black on you and try to ask you for rides." I said with a smile.

Everest's eyes became horrified and I laughed.

"I"m just kidding. She wouldn't do that....at least I don't think she will." I said after a moments hesitation.

Everest barked at me, angry with my blabbering.

I chuckled and ruffled his fur, running my hands through it.

"Don't worry, we'll figure everything out." I said hopefully.

Everest sighed, laying his heavy head back into my lap.

"Everything happens for a reason..." I murmured.

We stayed quiet, listening to the leaves on the trees brush in the chilly wind, as the silence enveloped us.

XXXXXXXXXX

A/N Well, that's all! Thanks for reading you guys!

No questions for this chapter, but feel free to leave a comment for me!

Have a nice day, my Lovelies,

See you next time.

Lotsa Love,

C