Slay Is My Middle Name! (3)

With my head between my knees I listened silently as Allan continued to explain every little detail about being a Slayer. My heart was beating frantically and I was beginning to feal a panic attack coming on. Why did these things happen to me? Why was I the one that had to go through these things?

I swear my luck just sucked. Although I began to think I got exactly what I had wanted, I was a nobody, invisible to everyone, but now I had the chance to make a difference, to make a mark on the world. But on one hand, I just felt so out of place, still unbelieving that I would be chosen for this task. I was the least qualified, I was sure.

Granted, I wasn't exactly alone. I had eleven other people that were going through the same thing. But that didn't make me feel any better. In fact, it raised more doubts the sureties. I still couldn't wrap my head around it. Bless his heart though, Allan tried his very best to explain.

Apparently each one of them had a gift. Just like me, but we weren't exactly sure what mine was. Elle was called a Visionary, having the ability to sense and see future events or tragedies. That was how she was able to see my face in her visions. She had known who I was, where I was, and when I was going to become fully reincarnated. Being reincarnated was like earning a badge, I completed the task and it was given to me. I had no clue what the task was, Allan thought it was when I finally allowed my fight instinct over come my flight instinct when I came face to face with the vampire.

That's what the guy was, the one who attacked me the night before. The violet eyes were a huge giveaway, Allan said, but the putrid flesh smell tended to alert those nearby of their presence before hand. After all, just because they were alive it didn't mean they didn't smell dead. It's where the term UN-dead came from.

The Clan had been looking for the twelfth member for more than a year, which led me to wonder how long these people have been together. I had asked and Allan smiled, declining to answer. He had said, "All Slayers have their own story, and it's their job to decide if that is something they would like to share with you. It's not my responsibility." Although it had explained their sudden appearance at my school, it didn't answer my big question; why me?

Ryan, the one boy who enjoyed arguing with Michael was a Tester. He would test each new Slayer and asses their skills. In a way he was an assistant to Allan. He also worked in the gym with everyone for at least an hour a day. It explained their athletic builds perfectly. I was slightly relieved to hear that, after Allan had explained that I would be fighting the creatures of the night, I realized I had no athletic skills what-so-ever. It was a little bit more comforting to know someone would have my back.

Michael was also a Visionary, but not quite as strong of one as Elle. Allan had explained that women were stronger when it came to that particular gift. He had said it was a surprise that Michael had even acquired that trait. His previous self had to have been a female, and while he still had the power of sight, the remaining strength had to go somewhere.

Missy, another girl in the Clan, had the gift of Knowledge. Without reading, studying or anything she could give you anything you needed to know in the world of the Slayer. She miraculously knew of every creature in the world, and she also had no recognition of how she came to know all of it. She had told me that when she was reincarnated, she knew exactly what was coming her way. She had been welcoming when I first met her, but I was still completely apprehensive.

There was a boy named Daniel who had the gift of Strength. He was twice as strong as any Slayer and could fight off dozens of attackers at one time. I was impressed, especially when he decided to give me a demonstration and lifted the end of Allan's BMW about two feet off the ground. My heart had nearly jumped out of my chest when I thought of what he could do to my skull. It was a terrifying sight.