Slayer-Sitting (16)

"Wait, wait, wait. Explain this to me one more time?" Covet said.

"Stevie is responsible for this little werewolf because he will prevent the end of the world. He bares the Mark as a pennon from the first generation of Slayers. The last Slayer, which is Stevie, is supposed to protect him from harm because his soul is wanted to open the portal to the Underworld." Elle explained.

Woa, that was a lot more than I was expecting.

The boy stirred on the couch and I watched as his eyes fluttered open.

Panic immediately registered in the thick violet color of his eyes as he shot up from his laid down position. His red hair suck up every which way and he had pillow marks on his right cheek. He scooted over to the edge of the couch and tucked his legs against his chest, staring around at all the people watching him.

"Wh-Who are you?" He asked us. Elle smiled and reached out a calming hand towards the boy. He flinched at her touch and stared at her hand, as if it was going to bite him.

"What's your name?" Elle asked the boy. He looked around with that scared deer in the headlights look. My heart went out to him.

"E-Everest." He stuttered. Elle gave him a reasurring smile.

"Well, Everest my name is Elle. This is Stevie," She gestured to me and I gave him a small smile and wave. "That's Gaven, they both found you in the woods patrolling this evening and brought you back here to be safe." Elle explained. Everest nodded.

"That's Covet." She pointed to Covet with her dark hair and eyes. Covet smiled and waved.

"This is Leo." Elle announced. Leo smiled and waved his wiry muscles flexing. I was sure we were all very intimidating for him.

"Hey, Everest." Leo said. Everest nodded at him, never once moving from his spot on the couch.

"That's Shawn." Elle pointed to Shawn with his swimmer boy like body and blonde hair.

"Hey, little man. How's it hanging?" Shawn said with a smile. Everest nodded at him as well.

"That is Missy." She gestured to the perky blonde with stunningly white teeth. She waved kindly.

"This is Michael." Elle said. Michael just waved.

"Eliza." Eliza, with her Cranberries t-shirt gave a wink.

"Britt." Britt smiled.

"It's nice to meet you, Everest." She said in a low voice. Everest smiled back at her.

"Daniel." Daniel just waved.

"And finally, this is Ryan." She gestured to Ryan.

"Hey buddy, you look like the boxing type. Do you box where you're from?" He asked. Some of us laughed and others shook their heads. Only Ryan would ask something like that in a tension filled room.

Everest shook his head, obviously not understanding.

"I don't mean to pry Everest but we need to know where you're from and figure out a way to help you." Elle said kindly, patting his ankle.

Everest nodded and looked around the room. Finally his gaze fell on me.

"I'm here for her." He said, pointing in my direction. I laughed.

"I'm sorry, kid, but I don't think it's me you're looking for." I said, brushing it off.

Everest shook his head.

"No, I'm here for you. They sent me to find you." He said. My eyes got wide.

"What do you mean?" Elle asked. Everest looked at her.