Slay You're Sorry (7)

The ride back to the house was quiet, no one spoke a word. Gaven seemed to be radiating anger and Michael didn't say a thing. Elle fiddled with the carvings of her stake, obviously trying to find something to stare at.

I cleaned my stake with a wet wipe, avoiding eye contact with everyone in the car, especially Gaven.

When we got back to the house, the two other teams were back, each one of the Clan members covered in ashes and blood. Although our team had the worst of it.

Allan stood in the middle of the room as we enterred. His head snapped up when he saw our team enter. With a wide smile he took in our appearances.

"We were getting worried. How did it go?" Allan asked Gaven. Gaven remained emotionless.

"All dead." Was all he replied. Allan's eyes got wide and he looked at me, shocked. He pointed to me and Gaven didn't move or blink. With a smile Allan walked over to me.

"How many?" He asked me. I was majorly confused.

"There were five in the nest." I answered unsurly. Elle leaned around Michael and whispered to me.

"He means, how many did you kill?" She told me I nodded, making an 'oh' shape with my mouth. I crossed my arms across my chest and looked up at Allan.

"Two." I replied. Allan's eyebrows almost went into his hairline and I looked away from the whole Clan nervously. Allan grasped my arm and brought me over to one of the couches.

"You have to tell us all about it, Stevie." Allan replied. I nodded and cleared my throat, trying to avoid the gaze of the other Slayers.

I launched into my story of how we had infilitrated the nest and had the short conversation with the older vampire. I didn't miss the look Allan gave Elle. I supposed I'd have to ask about that later. When I was describing the fight I had with the younger looking vampire everyone's eye got wide as they glanced around at each other, sharing secret conversations. I didn't like that very much.

Continuing with the details, every once in a while Elle joined in to add her opinion or thought. By the time I was finished Allan was speechless, as well as the rest of the Clan. They regarded me with shocked expressions and I felt like the outcast.

"What?" I asked as they continued to stare at me.

"Well, none of us killed a vampire on our first mission, or even two for that matter." Covet piped in.

"And definitely not after only one day of training." Shawn added. I looked around at them, completely stunned. I looked to Leo.

"When did you kill your first vampire?" I asked. Leo blushed a little.

"I didn't kill one until after a year of training and field work." He murmured. My breath hitched in my throat. I turned to Britt.

"What about you, when did you kill your first?" I asked her. She looked down.

"It took me eight months before I could even get close enough to kill one and it took me another month after that before I actually killed one." She said. My heart started hammering in my chest.

It continued like that for a few minutes, I turning to someone else and asking them how long it took them to kill a vampire and they replied. Elle didn't kill one until three months ago, a year and half in time since she'd been Called. It took Ryan four months, Eliza seven, Daniel eleven, Michael a year, Missy nine, Covet a year, and Shawn ten. I finally turned to Gaven and asked him.

He was quiet for the longest time before he finally answered.

"A month."

I was frozen with shock. Other than me, it took him the least amount of time before he killed a vampire. I couldn't move or speak. This had to mean that I was meant to be a Slayer, right?