"hey bro" she greeted with a smile"or should I say, future king of Ruenastia " she laughed

"shut up" I said

"woah...wassup with the mood? "she asked looking concerned

"I have no idea. Ever since the change, I've been feeling weird and having some peculiar attraction to Arielle. I'm convinced is just her blood though but I haven't been having this feeling around other slaves or pet"

"That's strange "

"I know right. I came to ask you if you're having the same problem with Joshua "

"actually, no. Do you think she's your..."

"No no no. That's very unlikely. It's probably her blood type. "

We discussed about other things and changes we've felt ever since the change. I excused my self because Arielle should be ready by now. I tood by the stairs waiting and soon enough, I saw Arielle. I was pleased with her dressing. We came down the stairs. I stopped mid way and gave her the black choker that said Devon. She wore it and we continued down the stairs. We came to the dining room and sat down with Adrian. He looked up from his phone and looked at Arielle, then me, then Arielle again and smirked

"what do you know, the girl is still alive "

"I told you I won't kill her " Adrian flinched slightly at my voice and I mentally sighed

"wow, puberty hit you hard bro " Adrian said

I gave him a death glare and said"you're crazy"

"what?!, you're lucky though. You got a cool hair colour while I got a boring brown and why are you wearing that hoodie? "

"isn't it obvious. It's because of my hair colour. It makes me look old " I said

"nah, it makes you look handsome " we all turned to see megan. I saw Arielle's disappointed face. Probably wondering where Joshua is.

"like you look really handsome that if you weren't my brother, I would totally bang on you" she used a fake accent that made Adrian laugh

"eeeew megan, what happened to you? That's just disgusting "

"well...it's the truth "

"uhhhh, you're weird. Anyway, where's Joshua? " I asked

"he'll be here soon. He woke up late. I swear that guy sleeps like a log. Oh, Arielle, how are you feeling? "

"normal " she answered. We heared foot steps and saw Joshua coming down the stairs with Talia. He wore a black top and blue Jeans and sneakers, the same colours with Arielle. That's weird... He didn't spy on Arielle, did he?...nah, that's impossible, he was unconscious. Talia didn't spy on Arielle, did she?

"I'm not gonna ask how both of you have matching clothes and just wait till the king and Queen arrive " Adrian said. More vampires came in with their pets and bowed to Adrian, Megan and I. Two minutes later, the room was full and a guard opened the door and said

"The king and Queen " we all stood up and my mom and dad came forward. They sat down on the end of the table opposite where megan and I were sitting. Their pets stood on each side of them. They sat down and dad gave everyone else the permission to sit. They took the first spoon of food and first sip of blood with an impressed look on their face and gave everyone else the permission to eat.

***********************

Mom and dad called me and megan to have a private meeting with us so we took our pets to talia in megan's room and went to meet the king and Queen.

The guard opened the door amd we both stepped into the room and saw the king and Queen on their throne. My father was sipping blood from his golden chalice and my mom was smiling.

"Devon, megan " my father acknowledged us

"father, mother" we both said with a bow

"we can see the effect of the change. You both look more beautiful and handsome "

"thanks mother" we both said

"we called this meeting to discuss about the the date of your crowning and how to find your beloved"

"I'm not ready to be crowned father and I just became of age, I haven't found my beloved yet"

"neither have I " megan said

"That's why we've decided to hold a ball with all the royals of the other 6 kingdoms, elites and nobles that wish to attend. Your pets would also be in attendance. What do you think? "

"it's fine by me. What's the date?"

"we haven't made a decision yet"

"how would we even know when we find our beloved "

My parents looked at each other lovingly and my mum said"you always want to be around that person. You're happy when she's happy, you're sad when she's sad. You get overprotective of that person and you'll do anything to make he/she happy."

" Their sent is intoxicating and their blood is addictive And Every flaw of that person is considered perfection" my father said

"*cough cough * so is it always like that?"

"well, sometimes it might be undecided for the couple of weeks and sometimes the beloved bond disappears especially if you just became of age"my mother said and I felt relieved. It would have been awkward if I had to fall in love with my pet and mark her as my beloved.

"okay. father, mother, we'll be taking our leave now"megan said

"you may leave " father said

We both left the throne room and climed the stairs to megan's room.

"so there's a possibility that Arielle's your beloved but there's also a possibility that it's temporary " megan said

"yeah. It should be the second option though. Anyway, how do you feel about the ball"

"I can't wait to see prince Michael wilton. It's been so long"

"quit crushing on my best friend. Besides, you saw him like a week ago "

"exactly my point. It's been too long. I wonder how he's gonna react when he sees my new look. Uhhh"she gasps"maybe he's my beloved. Oh my god "

"well, while you'll be fan girling over him, I'll have to be with lady Gwen" I said. There was a moment of silence and megan said

"shit! I didn't think of that. What are you gonna do"

"obviously ignore her. Worst case scenario, she becomes my beloved and I have to kill my self"

"don't worry. I can bet that she most definitely won't be your beloved. The goddess isn't that cruel."

"and you're talking? What if she's Michael's beloved?"

"then one of us will have to die first. That bitch isn't getting anywhere near my Michael without a fight" megan said and I laughed. We got to megan's room and I took Arielle with me to my room while megan kept on blabbing on and on to Joshua about Michael and the ball.

***********************

Hey guys 😊

Happy 200 views

I'm so happy about how well this story is doing and I appreciate everyone who decided to give this story a chance.

If you have any problem with this chapter or you have a suggestion, please make use of the comments section

Any idea who lady Gwen is?

Thank you all for reading. Don't forget to vote and share this story with your friends.

Luv ya 😘