Planting the seed of doubt part 15

Start from the beginning

I picked her up and put her on my bed, drying off and covering her gorgeous but pale body with my woollen blanket. She really would make an eternally beautiful puppet, a true work of art.

All of a sudden the door swings wide open making a banging sound as it hits the wall. None other than Kakuzu standing in the doorway.

He didn't have his cloak or mask on to my surprise, his mid-length straight dark brown hair fell simply beside his face onto his shoulders and he looked buffer than usual. He was just wearing a plain black sleeveless top and pants. His complexion was a little darker which made his multiple stitches stand out all the more. Maybe he's been working on his tan?

Anyways... Just the guy I'm looking for... How coincidental.

"I was just about to come and find you, can you take a look at the new girl for me? She's got Orochimaru's curse mark and she just passed out in the shower from exhaustion" I tell him. He looks over at Tila's limp body for a moment before closing the door and walking over.

"I heard the crash from down the hall, I was going to drop off that money you wanted" His deep voice cracks a little. He reaches to feel her forehead, then, puts two fingers onto her wrist to feel for her pulse.

"It's faint, she needs fluids" He huffs. His gaze moves to inspect the glowing curse mark and cut on her collarbone. "I can put a seal on this. Stitch that up and hook her up to some IV fluids. Bring down to the infirmity." he concluded, sounding a little annoyed.

I sigh. "Well, let me put some clothes on her and I'll meet you down there,". Kakuzu nods and walks back out the door shutting it loudly behind him.

I look down at her curse mark again, curious about what this girl had been through. I had spies working under Orochimaru. He'd been a former partner of mine, so I had a clear idea of what he was like. Let's say, his recreational activities.

Tila was still completely unconscious. I dressed her quickly trying not to get too distracted by her entirely exposed body, then, I carefully lugged her over my shoulder and headed for the infirmity.

I laid her down on the metal table, gently, and took a step back. Kakuzu had already primed a line with some Saline and had pulled out the equipment he needed to cannulate her. It was all neatly set up on a trolley, he wheeled it over beside her and started feeling for a vein.

In no time he had secured the cannulation site and hooked up the drip. I watched silently as he begins stitching her. It was fascinating, just how skilled Kakuzu was when it came to the human body. There was only so much I knew, then again he had been around for a lot longer and we did specialize in different fields.

A thought suddenly came to mind, I'd forgotten to mention this earlier to him.

"I thought you might want to know, this girl.. Tila, is from the same village as you".

This seems to grab his attention as he glances over his shoulder. "Is that so? Interesting. A Kurama I'm guessing, it makes sense. This girl has an ability that leader will want to use". Sounds about right. Wasn't it always? No reason to keep something that's useless.

"Sasori, Don't get too attached to her, she won't be with us for long." I roll my eyes at him, I didn't need him to be telling me what to do.

"Look, I couldn't care less. Besides, she's been staying in my room. If she had been staying with you then it would've been a different story... Am I wrong?" I lick my bottom lips slightly.

Kakuzu sort of gives me a whatever look. "If she had stayed with me she'd be dead already haha" His deep voice echoes against the walls of the infirmary.

"Yeah, don't surprise me." I retort. He doesn't bother saying anything back.

Kakuzu isn't the type to engage in childish bickering unless it's with his partner Hidan, that can't be helped though. Hidan's mouth doesn't stop moving. Kakuzu has to deal with it non-stop. Having a pain on the ass partner was something I could sympathise with, unfortunately. Constantly arguing over the true meaning of art with Deidara was such a fucking headache.

"What is this ability that you mentioned a second ago?" I asked. Kakuzu had finished stitching and was now proceeded to pack up. He stopped, turning around to face me. "If she is who I think she is then; She may have the ability to use a Storm Release Ninjutsu. And, if she is really that special then she may even have inherited the Kekke Genkai of a very real Genjutsu". He turned away, putting the unopened supplies back into the cupboard.

"I guess we'll find out eventually. I'd prefer to know sooner than later, though. I really hate waiting." I mutter under my breath as take a seat by her side. She's probably won't wake up for a few hours, yet.

Kakuzu walks back over and reaches to move her damp hair aside, revealing the curse mark on her shoulder. "Now, to shut this damn curse mark up" He grumbles as he starts to form signs. Then, gently, he places two fingers against the glowing black mark. I watch intently as it starts to fade into a light grey. Kakuzu retracts his hand then turns to me. "I'll leave the cash on your desk." Without wasting another moment he leaves. A silence falls over the infirmity. I stare down at Tila's face, wondering what she's dreaming about...