The Night Creatures

This nightmare started five years ago. My father, a mad genius scientist, created a monstrous experiment. He said death is not the end, it's just the beginning.

He created monsters; ressurecting the dead. He created a virus which controled the dead, made them come back to live with the remaining memories of their past, but they are no longer human.

There's no human who injects themselves with formaldehyde.

I am a doctor. No way in hell I would support his insanity. That's why I'm running away, choosing to stay in this battlefield area of Iran. I help the children who lost their parents to stay alive, just like me, no mother or father.

But, that's not the reason why I leave New Orleans. I stay here to find him. Thomas Joaquin Brisson. He is my lover. He joined the military three years ago. He was annouced dead last year, but some say he's still alive. And I believe he is. That's why I'm here, looking for him.

Everything was fine six months ago, but things changed as the virus became a dangerous endemic. Those, who are infected by the virus without any memory treatment will stay as a living corpse. Dangerous, rabid, blood and flesh lust. The state then ordered the military to kill all of the creatures.

Here I am now, surrounded by military soldiers all covered with black suit and gas mask. All of their guns are pointed to me- cornered in the dark, protecting the crying, frightened children. The soldiers are going to take all the children and kill them.

"Doctor Graham. Give the children to us."

These children are the part of the endemic. I made them.

"No." I whispered soflty.

Death is not the end, it's just the beginning.

"Doctor Graham! Give the children to us!"

My father was right. When I saw these kids dying, I cant do anything to save them but made them a part of me.

I died last year.

My world fell apart hearing the news that Tommy was dead. As I drove along the highway, I lost control of my vehicle and overturned. I was alive for hours. That moment, I just didn't have more reason to live so I let my very own self die. Slowly and painfully.

And with his just loving me that much, my father, he injected me with the virus to call me back to live.

"No way!"

I scream as if my throat is about to crack, as I throw away my humanity.

Why? Why should keep this human feeling all this time? I dont have anymore reason to keep this. The human itself, they have already thrown away their humanity, killing these innocent children.

We, the dead, don't kill people. We just want to live peacefully and be accepted just like human too.

I run toward those heartless soldiers, attacking them one by one with everything I have. I don't care about my children screaming histerically watching what is happening. They'll be save after this.

I don't care about the pain all over my body- well, I don't feel anything anyway, as I feel millions of bullets torn my decaying flesh, ripping me apart.

As I'm no longer able to stand, I can see one by one, the group of cruel men in front of me falling down the ground. They were shot down.

Did I get help?

Suddenly, I feel hands pull my wimp body into a cold embrace, before all of the eardeafening gun shot sound stopped. A man with a black suit, the same suit as those soldiers wear, protects me from the other bullets coming. Taking off his mask, this man seems to be very familiar to me.

"No way in hell I will let you die once again. Not without me." He whispered softly as I can see a smile that I missed for years in his face.

"Tommy?"

Both of us falls on the ground, dying.

Hey, sunflowers. Forgive me for being selfish. I'm just so sure that I won't be able to take care of you all after this. I even don't know what will happen to you after this.

The one that I know is I'm with Tommy right now. He has been here for long with those soldiers, he watched me and protected me just like he did long time ago.

"I miss you."

Nothing has changed in him. He is my old Thomas; his jet black hair, fair and pale skin, strong cheekbone are still the same, but his eyes are different.

"Cool, isn't it? Dying twice. But, this time we'll die together." He chuckled softly before my ear.