After saying this, he very frankly brought the spout to his lips and downed a large amount of wine. He then placed the wine on a small table to the side and looked at Xuan Tian Ming with a bitter smile: “How long after drinking it will it begin to take effect?” After tasting it a bit more, “It seems to not be immediately. Thinking about it, Your Highness the ninth prince must have something to say to me.”

Xuan Tian Ming listened to him speak but did not say anything. He raised the pot in his hand and took a couple sips before saying: “There isn’t anything in particular. I just could not sleep at night and wanted to find someone to drink with. After thinking about it, I have never drank with my future father-in-law before, thus I came over.”

Feng Jin Yuan was stunned, “Drink with me?” After looking at the wine pot that he had just drank from, he seemed to have understood something: “Could it be that I misunderstood? This isn’t poisoned wine?”

Xuan Tian Ming nodded: “You do indeed understand this prince. If this prince wished to kill you, it definitely would not be done with a pot of poisoned wine. Moreover, I’ve said that I will keep you for A-Heng, thus this prince will not personally take action.”

Feng Jin Yuan blinked but did not feel as though he had survived a disaster. Instead, he shook his head with a bit of disappointment, “It was I that had thought of it too simply. In the past, I tried my hardest to survive, but it’s only now that I found out that dying is not that easy.” He picked up the pot of wine and threw his head back, downing some more. He was originally a scholar and did not have much tolerance for alcohol built up. Downing the strong wine in a few gulps, he felt a bit dizzy. He felt his eyes and nose burn. When he opened his mouth once more, he ended up crying for some reason.

Xuan Tian Ming did not stop him, nor did he find it annoying. He just drank while watching Feng Jin Yuan cry. It was only when he had nearly finished crying that he finally said: “If you knew that it would be like this now, why do what you did in the past?”

Feng Jin Yuan sniffled and bitterly sighed: “It’s because I did not think that it would be like this today. That was why I made so many mistakes. Now, I regret it, but it’s too late. So many people have already died. What am I living on for? Your Highness the ninth prince, say, what am I still living for?”

“But the you of the past wholeheartedly hoped that the person to die would be A-Heng.” Xuan Tian Ming snorted coldly, prodding at Feng Jin Yuan’s sore spot, “If it was not for this prince’s wife having her abilities, I fear that she would have died countless times.”

Feng Jin Yuan nodded and admitted to the mistakes that he had made in the past without avoiding it: “On their way back to the capital, I had sent people to kill them. Later on, the Chen family tried time and time again to do something, and I did not stop them. Even when we went back to our old home, Zi Hao and Chen Yu had worked together to harm A-Heng, and I had truly hoped that she had burned to death…” As he spoke, he waved his hand, “It had happened too many times. I can’t even count how many times I had acted in secret, but it is as Your Highness said. A-Heng has the ability. When has she ever let me succeed?” While he spoke, he slapped himself across the face, and tears began to drip down. He then asked Xuan Tian Ming: “Your Highness the ninth prince, say, do I just not have a brain? Thinking about it now, I don’t even know how I lucked out and became the top scholar. Just based on my mind, I could actually become the top scholar? Even if I was a smart one, after so many experiences, I should have understood. A-Heng can’t be touched, right? How could I not see it at that time? And I even wanted to fully protect Chen Yu?”