Chapter Six (Free Wolf)

Amber landed on me, I hit the cold ground. The snow went through my jeans, leaving my freezing. I was shivering and shaking, Amber’s face was inches form mine.

‘So how can you hear us, little girl?’ Amber asked making my head hurt.

“I d-d-d-d-d-don’t k-k-k-k-know w-w-w-w-w-why.” I said my teeth chattering. Yoseob lunged at Amber yanking her off of me. A feral snarl went through Yoseob, it scared me. Amber had Yoseob in a hold her jaws around his neck. This made me mad, I was quivering.

“GET OFF HIM YOU BITCH! NOW!” I yelled and Amber didn’t move only merely tighten her hold on Yoseob. That did it I didn’t care I wasn’t a wolf, I dove at her preparing to through my shoulder into her furry side. But what surprise me was when I hit the ground, I was no longer human. I had hazel eyes and a grayish coat. I lunged at the black wolf’s throat, my jaws gaping open. Amber not prepared for me, stumbled backwards and I was on top of her. Amber’s green eyes were wide, taking in my wolf self. I noticed I was a bit larger than her, this made me feel better.

You’re a wolf too?” She asked, a white wolf was watching us, Yoseob.

‘Why were you trying to kill Yoseob?’ I asked still mad.

‘I wasn’t.’

‘Then why…?’

‘It’s a wolf thing.’ Amber said like it solved everything. I stepped off the black wolf and she shook herself. Yoseob looked at us, then he moved forward slowly. I watched him approach, and then smiled.

‘What’s so funny?’ Asked his now, blue eyes confused.

‘Well…Mia thinks she has some popular claim on you and I have a wolfy claim. By the way what is imprinting?’ I asked him.

‘Oh, you heard that huh? Well, it’s kind of like you’re my soul mate. You know the basics.’ Yoseob said shuffling his paws. I nodded, and Amber looked at me then at Yoseob.

‘We need to get back to the pack. To tell them two things now. Ruby you are coming with us.’ Amber said walking deeper into the forest. I followed without a word, I looked around me. It was quiet weird to be seeing out of wolf eyes also having a wolf nose. Everything was sharper clearer, I never knew that snow had a scent. Yoseob padded beside me, his paw steps soft. Thump.Thump.Thump. That’s was the sound it made, my heart went with the steady beat. Trees towered over us, holding loads of snow. I saw a mother deer, see us a run away. I had to suppress this weird urge to chase the deer. We stopped short at a long grass tunnel leading deeper to somewhere. Amber stopped, and I nearly slammed into her.

‘Ready to meet the pack?’ She asked me. I nodded, not wanting to speak.

‘We are called Bright Sun Pack. Okay let’s go now.’ Yoseob said as Amber entered the tunnel, I had no choice but to follow. I was enclosed in darkness.