The Scarf

Sherlock walked upstairs to John's room to ask him a question. He opened the door only to find a small, sleeping John curled up on his bed. Sherlock sighed and started to walk out, when he caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of his eye.

John had something wrapped around his arms and was holding it very close to him. Sherlock walked over to the bed curious to see what it was. It was a scarf. He gasp in realization.

It was his scarf! It was his favorite purple scarf!

Sherlock looked down at the tiny man on the bed with a confused expression on his face. He really did not want to wake the snoring John, so he sat on the floor(his hands in their normal prayer position) to think and wait.

About half an hour later, John awoke to see Sherlock pacing around his bed. He raised up sleepily and looked at his strange flat mate.

"What are you doing in my room Sherlock?" John asked sternly, but not quite angry.

"Oh, John, good you're awake!" Sherlock said, quite happy to see John was finally awake.

"Yes, I am. Now answer my question, please." John said, doing well at keeping patience with Sherlock. "Wait! Were you watching me sleep again!?" he was actually upset with the realization.

"That was one time," Sherlock said innocently. "And no, I was waiting. Waiting to ask about that" he said motioning to the scarf.

"Oh God." John squeaked. He had completely forgot about the dark scarf laying beside him. Sherlock smirked. John's cheeks turned a lovely shade of pink. He had no idea what to say to Sherlock. He attempted some kind of excuse, anything, but all that came out was a small squeak.

"Oh for God's sake!"Sherlock said as he jumped onto the bed and lied down next to his small flat mate. John opened his mouth to say something but closed it again. He stared into Sherlock's deep green eyes.

"John,"

"Umm... yes?"

"I think you should keep the scarf. It suites you."

"What?" John choked

"I said I think you should keep it. Didn't you hear me?"

"Yes but..." John was cut off by Sherlock.

"Here," he said sitting John up and reaching over him to get the scarf. Never breaking eye contact.

He gently tied the scarf around John's next and sat back to look at the man in front of him.

John looked down at himself. He liked the scarf and couldn't help but smile. "Thanks," he said quietly.

Sherlock stayed silent and stared intently at John. All John could do was stare back. He looked at the beautiful man in sitting in front of him. He had such perfect curls and looked amazing. They sat like this for what seemed like hours.

Not even thinking, John leaned in. Their lips met and it all seemed perfect. Sherlock froze but finally fell into the kiss. John pulled away slowly.

"What was that for?" Sherlock asked grinning.

"Just wanted to see what would happen." he said smiling like an idiot.

"Well did you reach a conclusion?" Sherlock asked, grinning even more.

"I don't know. I think I need to try the test again." he leaned back into Sherlock.

Sherlock smirked and returned the kiss, wrapping his arms around John's small frame.