three

My whole body started shaking, but luckily Cody didn't notice. He slowly made his way into the kitchen while he talked with Noel. I followed him and leaned against the wall, he looked outside the window.

"yeah she's fine" Cody said while looking at me.

"no I haven't seen her that much"

I looked at the ground realizing what I'd done.

"yeah one sec I'll look it up"

Cody turned around and covered the microphone with his hand.

"he wants your number" he whispered.

Cody gave Noel my phone number and told Noel that he had to go. A few minutes later I heard my ringtone from the hallway. I walked towards the sound and grabbed my phone out of my jacket. Before picking up I took a deep breath and prepared for the conversation.

"yes I understand"

A few seconds after I heard a loud beep, I heard Noel's voice through the phone.

"Piper?"

His voice sounded so innocent and I immediately started crying, I betrayed him.

"hi Noel"

"I'm so sorry that I dragged you into this, this wasn't supposed to happen and I didn't want to lose you. The past view days were awful, I kept thinking about you and what you told me before the police came"

In the meantime Cody walked around the corner and saw that I was crying. After he put his shirt back on he put his arm around my shoulders.

"I was hoping that you and Cody could come and visit me this weekend"

I looked at Cody as if he heard what Noel just said.

"uh yeah of course"

Noel told me the address and time we were allowed to come. In the meantime, Cody made his way back to the living room.

"I've got to go because my time's up but I'll see you saturday, bye Piper"

Before I could say anything back, I heard the sound of the call disconnecting. I put my phone back in my pocket and walked towards Cody who was sitting on the couch, leaning on his shoulders with his hands covering his face. Without saying anything I sat down next to him and put my head on the backrest. After a few seconds I broke the silence.

"he wants us to come visit him this saturday at 11am"

Cody looked me in my eyes and put his hand on my thigh. By the look of his face I could tell that he knew how I thought about all of this.

"we don't have to tell him anything, you know that right?"

I nodded while I looked at the clock on the wall.

"oh I have to go I'm so sorry" I said before I quickly stood up and made my way into the hallway. Cody followed me and grabbed my jacket while I put my shoes back on.

"we'll figure this out, i'll pick you up around 10 is that all right?"

"yeah yeah that's fine, see you then"

I tried to grab my jacket out of Cody his hands but he wouldn't let go. He leaned towards me a little bit and looked straight into my eyes.

"no matter what happens, it won't change the way I feel about you"

He let go and without saying anything I turned around, put my jacket on and walked through the rain into the front yard.

"I don't care if you have feelings for Noel. I know that there is something between us and you know it too"

I turned around and saw Cody standing in the doorway with his arms crossed.

"I'll see you saturday"