one

A few days passed, I hadn't heard anything from Noel. Neither did Cody. He came over a few times to check up on me. Nothing happened between us, but I can't say that he didn't try.

Somehow my parents really liked him, he acted like he was the perfect son in law. It even felt like they rather spend time with him then with their own daughter.

He also tried to prove that he was the perfect boyfriend for me, and my parents tried to get us together as well. And obviously I couldn't tell them about Noel so I had to just take it.

Every time I was alone with Cody he dropped the bad boy act and just became himself. That actually messed with my opinion about him. I even started to like him somehow.

And till today, I still hate myself for it.

———————————————————————

"honey, is Cody coming over today? we haven't seen him for a while" my mom asked while I was grabbing something to drink from the kitchen.

"uh no I don't think so, but he was here two days ago?"

Without giving me an answer she walked away. Some things hadn't changed at all. While I put the bottle back into de fridge, the doorbell rang. I walked towards the hallway and saw a Cody-shaped shadow through the blurred window.

"hey Pipes"

"hey" I said while taking a few steps outside and closing the door behind me. "since when are you calling me Pipes? never mind, doesn't matter. have you heard anything from Noel?"

He shook his head in disappointment.

"what's taking so long? he has your phone number right?"

"maybe he doesn't get phone time or something, and why are we standing here?"

"my mom keeps asking about you and i'm getting tired of it to be honest"

Cody laughed and suggested that we could go to his place. I agreed and I grabbed my shoes before following him to his house. When we arrived at the door, flashbacks were going through my head.

"Piper-?"

heeey dude! what a nice surprise, you brought your girlfriend!

"Piper! hey!"

I zoned back into reality when Cody put his hand on my shoulder.

"y- yeah? I see that you fixed the lock" I said, trying to bring up another topic. Cody nodded with a worried face and opened the door. I was shocked when out of nowhere a small creature walked around the corner and leaned against my legs.

"oh my god!"

"what? have you never seen a dog?" Cody laughed.

I squatted so we were on the same height while I stroked his head.

"his name is Ollie"

"well hi Ollie, you've got a great owner. Cody will take good care of you" I smiled at him.

"uh actually, it's Noel's dog"