CHAPTER 1 - SHE

1. THE NEW INSTANCE

Wolf settled in the south wing office. The game was already started and he moved the cursor over the character list. According to reports from beta-testers there would be a lot of poison damage during this new instance, he decided on using his mage this time. As the game started loading he put on his wireless headset.

 "Wolfman logging in." he called out to the others.

"I already see Elector in game." Warrick said.

"Yeah, thought we could use the poison defence." Wolf said.

As the game finished loading Dramondius' invitation for the instance group already appeared. Wolf clicked on the accept button.

"Is the new guy already there?" Wolf asked.

"Hank here." an unfamiliar voice sounded trough the headset.

 "Hey Hank, can you port us to the entrance?" Wolf asked.

Hank waited until Warrick, Dramondius, Gabriella and Wolf joined him and then initiated the fast traveling skill.The new area reminded Wolf of the forest he had seen on television on a documentary about FARC. He started to hum a camp-fire song as Dramondius started his power-up skills on the entire group.The new instance was quite a tough one. Apparently the programmers thought it would be nice to have blow-dart shooting monkeys in the trees. The poison darts gave him a hard job in removing poison damage. The forest got more dense and the fights hardened.

"Hank, can you shoot those monkeys." Wolf asked, "They almost cause poison faster then I can remove it."

Hank focused on the monkeys with his crossbow and shot at least ten monkeys from they hiding place.

"Thanks man." Wolf said continuing the put poison shielding on each of the group members. "According to the guide the first boss should not be very far from here." Dramondius said.

About a minute later into the game a large gorilla-like beast appeared.

"I'll kick the jingles out of him." Warrick suggested charging in first.

"Just be sure to interrupt him once he changes to ranged attacks." Dramondius suggested.

The gorilla started pounding Warrick right away. As a heavy armor player he could take the beating as long as there were no additional monsters.

"Watch the acid damage Elector." Warrick said.

"Sorry man, I'm on it." Wolf said pressing the shortcut key for acid removal.

"Ranged attacks in 3...2...1." Dramondius said.

The gorilla started to randomly throw rocks at each group member.

"I'm disabled." Warrick shouted in his IT-crowd imitative voice.

"Have you tried turning it of and on again." Gabriella giggled.

"Take over for him Gabs." I suggested.

Gabriella switched from defensive to offensive mode and used her club to pound the gorilla.

"I hope we can handle the adds." Wolf said. "They should arrive after his ranged mode." Dramondius said.The gorilla stood upright once more indicating the end of his rock-throwing.

"Prepare for adds." Warrick said as he shook of his disabled mode.

Wolf zoomed out a little.

"There are no adds." he said.

From the entrance that Dramondius had pointed out there came nothing at all.As Warrick smashed the last life out of the gorilla a large chest dropped onto the forest floor. Dramondius was the first one to click on it.