67

y/n: "I'm sorry you had to ditch gym."

soobin: "It's okay. Annie covered for me." 

y/n: "Stop pedaling, it's a red light."

soobin: "Sorry." 

(silence)

soobin: "You wanted to talk, right?"

y/n: "I did. I just wanted to say that I'm... I'm sorry."

soobin: "You didn't do anything wrong."

y/n: "I didn't watch the full video clip."

soobin: "I wouldn't be mad if you did. It wasn't exactly my proudest moment."

y/n: "What happened?"

soobin: "You saw the other guy in the video, right? My teammate?"

y/n: "Yes."

soobin: "He was the captain. He was so set on winning that game that he said he was going to bump into someone else from the opposite team. He was going to twist their ankle." 

y/n: "That's horrible."

soobin: "Apparently, it wasn't the first time he'd done something like that to, quote, win. I told him to stop and that the plan wasn't a good idea. He shoved me and... well, I didn't exactly control my temper very well that day." (sighs) "But aside from that day, I never get into physical fights. I don't really do stuff like that. It's just... I didn't want him to get away with it."

y/n: "Did you tell someone the truth?"

soobin: "I explained it to our coach after the official broke us apart. Our captain was permanently kicked off the team and the school led an investigation. We had to pull out from participating in the championship that year." 

y/n: "So you didn't really get to play last year?"

soobin: "Not really. It's why I wanted to join the team so badly when I moved here." 

y/n: "I'm sorry."

soobin: "You apologize too much."

y/n: "Sorry."

soobin: (chuckles)

y/n: "I mean..." (laughs) "You know what I mean."

soobin: "I know."

y/n: "Thank you for telling me."

soobin: "I trust you."

y/n: "I trust you, too."

soobin: "Good."

y/n: "Now I need to tell you something."

soobin: "Okay."

y/n: "There's a reason why my ex and I broke up before. He--"

soobin: "Wait. You know you don't need to tell me just because I told you something private, right?"

y/n: "I... I know."

soobin: "So do you still want to tell me?" 

y/n: "Don't you want to know?"

soobin: "I only want to know if you're ready to let me know."

y/n: "Okay... then... is it okay if I tell you another time?" 

soobin: "Of course. And hey." 

y/n: "Yeah?"

soobin: "Whatever happened between you and your ex is between you and your ex. But... just know that if you need help, I'm here."

y/n: "I don't want to get you into any more trouble. You're still new."

soobin: "I'm new at school. I'm not new at what being a good friend means."

y/n: (smiles)

soobin: (smiles)

y/n: "Let's focus on one thing at a time, though. Let's talk to the coach and get you on the basketball team."

soobin: "I don't know..."

y/n: "Soobin, I know it's hard for you to speak up but it's wrong that they didn't let you on the team without consulting the video with you first. You said your coach at your old school knows the truth, right?"

soobin: "Yeah."

y/n: "Then let's call him and get him to write you a reference letter. Or he can email and call our school's coach directly. Kai and I will help you. We know how much you wanted to be on the team."

soobin: "Alright. I'm only saying yes because you're so persistent."

y/n: (laughs) "I do have very good persuasion skills."