05

soobin: "So, how long are you here for?"

girlfriend: "I'm here for a week."

soobin: "Only a week?"

girlfriend: "I know, I'm sorry. But I need to go back before Thanksgiving break is over."

soobin: "It's alright. Makes sense."

mrs. kai: "Soobin!"

soobin: "Mrs. Kai, hello!"

mrs. kai: "Have you seen Hyuka?"

soobin: "He's at the counselor's office today. I think they're going over his college plan."

mrs. kai: "Good. At least he's being productive." (glances) "And who is this?"

soobin: "This is my girlfriend. [girlfriend], this is Kai's mom. She owns this boba shop."

girlfriend: "It's really nice to meet you."

mrs. kai: "It's nice to meet you, too." (smiles) "So, no [y/n] today?"

girlfriend: "[y/n]?"

mrs. kai: "Oh, yes, her and Soobin came here last time."

girlfriend: (whispers) "You've come here with [y/n]? Alone?"

soobin: "Yes."

girlfriend: "What do you guys do?"

soobin: "We drink boba...?"

girlfriend: "And?"

soobin: "We talk. Sometimes do our homework. Normal stuff."

girlfriend: "Right."

mrs. kai: "I'll go get your usual, Soobin. What will you be having, [girlfriend]?"

girlfriend: "I'll have the same as Soobin."

mrs. kai: "Of course." (leaves)

girlfriend: "How many times have you been here with [y/n], exactly?"

soobin: "A couple times now. Why?"

girlfriend: "It's weird."

soobin: "How?"

girlfriend: "I mean, you don't want her to take it the wrong way."

soobin: "Take what the wrong way? We don't do anything bad when we come here."

girlfriend: "To you, maybe, but... just be careful. She seems like the doe-eyed, naive kind. No offense."

soobin: "[y/n's] not doe-eyed and she's definitely not naive. She's been through a lot."

girlfriend: "Clearly."

soobin: "She's a good person and a good friend to me, [girlfriend]. There's nothing wrong with that." 

girlfriend: (phone vibrates) "I'll be right back, okay? I just need to take this call."

soobin: (nods)

girlfriend: (leaves)

mrs. kai: "Here are your drinks!" 

soobin: "Thank you so much, Mrs. Kai."

mrs. kai: "And don't worry about the payment, either. Oh. Where did your girlfriend go?"

soobin: "She just went outside really quick."

mrs. kai: "Ah. Okay. Well, tell [y/n] you say hi for me when you see her. Actually, I have some popcorn chicken for her. Do you think you could drop it off?"

soobin: "Of course."

mrs. kai: "You know, Soobin, I'm very happy Kai and [y/n] have a friend like you. Especially [y/n]. I always hope the best for her. She deserves good people in her life. Don't you agree?"

soobin: "I do."

mrs. kai: "I'm glad. You're a good kid, Soobin. Don't forget that."