10: Deceit

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Malon asked Zelda as she was helping her change into Sheik's clothes.

"Yes. It's the only way to win the war." Zelda said solemnly.

"There! all done! Wait, your eyes are blue." Malon smiled.

"Ah. There is a temporary spell for that. I'll just wait till I get close to Castle Town." Zelda said, standing up. "I don't understand how I, as Sheik, ever found this comfortable."

"Well, you now have to stop certain things from springing out and giving you away." Malon explained.

"No! Not what I meant! I mean the stupid scarf! It's itchy and stuffy!" Zelda burst into laughter.

"Oh!" Malon laughed as well.

"Princess, are you ready?" Impa shouted up the stairs.

"Just a second, Impa!" Zelda called back and gave Malon a peck on the cheek as she left.

Malon flopped on to her bed. Thoughts raced through her head. She was excited that Zelda was back but a bit sad that Sheik was gone but amazed and excited that Sheik was Zelda.

"Crazy days, huh?" Nabooru smiled, walking into Malon's room. "Come on, tell big sis Nabooru all about it."

"Well, I miss Sheik but Sheik is Zelda and I'm glad Zelda's back." Malon yawned.

"If you think about it, neither of them ever left. Zelda was always subconsciously influencing Sheik's actions like him mounting Epona and sitting in her chair and Sheik will always be part of Zelda, guiding her strategies."

"I understand, thanks Nabooru." Malon sat up.

"No problem, Lonnie. We'll kick arse tomorrow." Nabooru made her way out of the room
"You know it!" Malon grinned.

Meanwhile, Zelda arrived at Ganondorf's castle.

"My lord. My lady." She bowed to Ganondorf and Majora. "Fellow general." She bowed to Dark Link.

"Ssssssheik, what newsss?" Majora asked.

"They are moving on your Castle soon. I suggest you cut them off midway, in Hyrule Field."

"As our best strategist, I will take your advice and we shall wait there until they arrive." Ganondorf smiled

"Of course. I will take my leave now." Zelda bowed and left, realising the spell was wearing off.

"Is it just me or did Sheik seem... different today?" Dark Link asked.

"No! Sssssssheik wasss not different than ussssual." Majora snapped.

"I mean, my lady, didn't his voice seem a bit higher than usual?"

"No! You might want your ears cleaned." Ganondorf sighed.

"Of course, my lord." Dark Link left.

When Zelda got home, Malon rushed to give her best friend a kiss.

"They bought it." Zelda smiled.

"Well done, your majesty." Darunia smiled.

"So, will we wait until their army is tired and weak and then we strike?" Saria asked.

"No. We rest tonight and charge tomorrow." Zelda smiled. "Army of Hyrule! I know all of you have travelled a long way to get here and you may wonder whatever for? We fight for those we lost because of Ganondorf's tyranny, for our homes, for our freedom! Our future has never been bleaker or more hopeful! If we win, light and good will prevail and peace unlike any other will reign over Hyrule! We fight for the future of our families, our friends! If we fail today, let our sacrifices be known to all so the future generations can lead by our example and overthrow the monsters that have our beautiful home in a deathgrip! For Hyrule!" Zelda spoke, rousing the entire army.

"For Hyrule!" The very earth itself seemed to cheer with the large army.