8: Home Again

"Brother." Malon hissed, drawing the Master Sword.

"I see you've come to retrieve my birthright. I could not draw the blade, apparently because I'm tainted." Dark Link answered, a low growl as he drew his ebony blade.

"A duel. No magic, just you and me." Malon prepared to charge.

"Right here, right now." Dark Link prepared a thrust.

"You're on." Malon charged, nearly running her blade all the way through her brother. But she was a little too far right and only slashed Dark Link's side. Dark Link turned around and his blade clashed with Malon's armour, with a force that knocked Malon to the ground. Dark Link held his ebony blade to her throat.

"Any last words, sister?" He asked, sneering.

Malon saw this as an opportunity to strike. She knocked her brother to the ground with her shield. Then Malon and the sages left and rode home as fast as possible.

"Whoa! That was amazing!" A new voice spoke. When Malon looked behind, a young woman was floating behind her. She was blue and purple.

"Um, who are you?" Malon asked.

"I'm Fi! The Spirit of the Master Sword. You are Malon, the Hero of Time." the blue girl smiled. She dipped her head in the general direction of Sheik.

"I feel we should rest." Ruto yawned.

"Agreed. Let's make camp here." Malon dismounted.
The campsite was erected fast.

"Malon, play us some violin music." Sheik smiled.

"Certainly, do you want to play with me?"

"Of course. I'll follow your lead."

Malon started the Song of Storms and Sheik joined in after one time playing.

Then Malon hastily switched to the Sun Song. Sheik added some much needed variety to the song. When they eventually stopped, everyone was asleep but them.

"You're really good." Malon smiled.

"Likewise." Sheik returned the smile.

"Goodnight Sheik." Malon laid down.

"Goodnight Malon." Sheik yawned.

Meanwhile, Majora and Ganondorf were torturing a poor Mask Salesman.

"My lord." Dark Link bowed.

"Enter, mosssst favoured general." Majora hissed

"What do you want?" Ganondorf sighed.

"I had an encounter with the sages. I only challenged my sister because if I had to fight all of them at once, I would have died." Dark Link said, ashamed and ready to face whatever punishment was to come his way.

"Issss the traitor dead?" Majora asked.

"No, if it wasn't for her dirty tactics, she would be." Shame laced Dark Link's words. "I accept my fate, my lord, my lady." He kneeled, bowing his head.

"Risssse, loyal general. You will not be exssecuted today." Majora smiled.

"Yes, you fought her. That leads you to being able to learn their strategy to overpower them." Ganondorf agreed.

"Help me! I saved your ancestor from being a Deku Scrub forever!" The Happy Mask Salesman wailed. Dark Link stared blankly at him.

"Sssssshut up Brother!" Majora yelled.

"My lady, shall I kill him for you?" Dark Link asked.

"No, favoured one. Only a god can kill another god." Majora smiled. "And a lifetime of torture will be more fitting assss he curssed me and our other brother into masssskssss."

"I understand and take my leave." Dark Link bowed and left.

The sages arrived home and went about the day as normal. But Malon and Sheik disappeared up to their room.

"So, why are we up here alone?" Malon smiled, twirling her hair.

"Because I like you Mal. I like you a lot. Dare I say I love you." Sheik smiled, blush turning his hidden cheeks red.

"I thought you didn't feel the same way as me." Malon mumbled

"Likewise." Sheik beamed, leaning in for a big hug. They ended up chatting on the bed. Malon leant in for a kiss. Which was reciprocated and beautiful. Both closed their eyes and when they both opened them, Malon was suprised to see blue eyes instead of Sheik's red.

"Goddesses! I thought you died!"