|27|

(Y/n POV)

"....Ha ha, funny joke." I folded my arms, still on my knees. Fenton shook his head. "No, (Y/n), this, this isn't a joke. You're actually a duck." Seeing the now worried faces Gyro and Fenton had, my nerves started to show. "What do you mean I'm a duck Fenton. What happened?" I stood up, nearly tripping over myself. I gained my balance shortly after, and looked at the two with an anxious glance. I noticed I was about 1 foot shorter than I remembered. "Guys, seriously, what happened?"

"...Fenton, go get a mirror." Without a word, Fenton listened to Gyro's demand and hurried out of the room. I looked at Gyro. "You guys have to be joking, I'm not a duck, I'm me, a human." Gyro was about to speak when Fenton walked back in the room, holding a hand mirror. He handed it to me, and I nervously looked in it.

I saw a duck girl with bangs, a low bun, and an orange beak. She was wearing a (f/c) jacket with a light grey hood, a matching hair tie, along with some black and white sneakers. Underneath her jacket she had a black shirt, and I could see her tail sticking out a bit.

*If there is a rainbow in the pick, you, the reader, gets to pick what color it is! Also I know it looks a bit like Daisy (Who is coming in season 3!!!), but I didn't realize it until after I was done, so yeah

*If there is a rainbow in the pick, you, the reader, gets to pick what color it is! Also I know it looks a bit like Daisy (Who is coming in season 3!!!), but I didn't realize it until after I was done, so yeah. Sorry bout that.*

I looked down at me, and saw what I saw in the mirror. I looked at the two again, my face blank. Fenton walked up to me. "(Y/n), are you okay..?" He said in a soft voice, putting a hand on my shoulder. I stared at my hands, my eyes wide and my mouth agape. Then I screamed. Fenton and Gyro covered their ears, and I ran around the room, continuing to scream.

"How did this happen! I thought it was supposed to change clothes, not people!" I shouted, my hands on my head. Gyro pointed at me. "It technically did it's job." I glared at him. "It did a little more than that, don't you think!?" I started to hyperventilate, then took a deep breath and calmed down a bit. 

"Okay, okay. We just need to fix this before I have to go home. Gyro, shoot me again." I stood on the x in the same spot he had me in the first time, but he only smiled nervously. "You see, I would but.. I only had one shot on this thing, and we used it." I looked at him with wide eyes. "Why on earth would you only give it one shot!?" I threw my hands in the air. "Incase it was deadly or toxic." I put my face in my hands and sighed.

Then we all heard it. Everything froze around us as the noise went off. A noise I wouldn't mind hearing any other time than this. The sound of my phone ringing.

I looked at the two, all of our faces full of worry and anxiety. Slowly, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked at the caller. And of course it's who you think it is: Scrooge. The two motioned for me to pick it up, and I did so, trying to sound normal. "Oh, uh, hey Scrooge, what's up?" I smiled nervously, feeling the nerves crawl into my spine.

"(Y/n), I need you to come home immediately." He sounded stern, but I could hear a bit of worry in his voice. "Why? Did something happen?" "Never mind that, I need you home to keep an eye on the kids." I tilted my head in confusion. "I thought they were at school?" "School was canceled, now no more questions. I need you home to watch them." I bit my lip and nodded. "Okay, I'll be there soon." With that I hung up, then started freaking out.

"What am I gonna do!? Scrooge wants me home NOW, and he'll FREAK if he knows we've been doing experiments!" I paced around the room, trying to think of a plan. "(Y/n), you need to tell him." I looked at Fenton like he was crazy. "I can't tell him! He'll never let me down here again!" I started to pace the room again, and Gyro spoke. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but my intern is right. Scrooge would rather be told the truth instead of figuring it out."

I put my phone back in my pocket, then started to think of a plan. "I'll sneak past everyone, then go to the bathroom. I'll yell to Scrooge that I really needed to go, then I'll think of something from there." I sighed and adjusted my jacket, running to the elevator. "You guys figure out how to fix this!" I yelled as the elevator closed, and I took a few deep breaths. When I got to the lobby, I hurried out the money bin door and ran towards the mansion.

I reached the front gate, my breath dangerously low and my lungs gasping for breath. After a moment of catching my breath, I stood back up and looked at the large mansion on the other side of the gate. I rethought my terrible but only plan, and pressed the speaker. "McDuck residence." Beakley stated. I took a deep breath and held the button down. "Hey Mrs. Beakley, it's (Y/n). Scrooge wanted me home early."

The gates opened and I walked in, trying to find a way in other than the front door. I decided a window on the left of the first floor would be good, and I quickly but quietly climbed in, thankful it was already opened. I crept down the hallway, peeking around each corner to make sure no one was around. I turned down the hallway, hearing the sound of a doorknob jiggle. I gasped and went back around the corner, only to bump into someone smaller that me.

I looked down, automatically freezing as I did so. The person I bumped into was Louie, and his eyes widened as he saw me. "SCROOGE-!" I covered his mouth and shushed him, pulling him into an opened door and shutting it, only to reply a small closet. "Louie! Louie it's me, (Y/n)!" I let go of him as he pushed away, breathing heavily. When I spoke to him, he froze. ".....(Y/n)? What happened to you!"

"Sh! I don't want anyone to know. I was doing some tests with Gyro and Fenton down in the lab, and things went wrong." He looked at me with wide eyes, his jaw dropped. He shook his head and closed his eyes, waving his hands. "Wait wait wait. You went and did tests with Gyro, despite Scrooge's warnings?" I looked at the ground, feeling bad for disobeying Scrooge.... again. 

Louie smirked. "You're a little rebel (Y/n). I like it." I glared at him. "It's not a good thing Louie, and I shouldn't have done the experiment." I sighed. "If Scrooge finds out I'm no longer human, he will FREAK. On me, on Gyro, and probably Fenton too. Will you help me keep this a secret?" Louie looked at me. "I dunno (Y/n), Scrooge would notice something this drastic."

I bit my knuckles and looked at the ground, feeling panicked. I couldn't tell Scrooge about this, it would just end up bad. I looked at Louie. "Fine, but how do I tell Scrooge this happened?" "(Y/n)!" I jumped as I heard Scrooge yell in the lobby, and Louie and I looked at each other with worried looks. He gestured to the door. "Better tell him now." I sighed and held myself. "Okay, okay. Will you help me tell him?" Louie gave me a small smile, then a little nod. I sighed and smiled a little, feeling him hold my hand.

He opened the door and led me out of it, going to the lobby. My heart was beating in my ears, my nerves were yelling at me to run. I stopped walking, and Louie looked at me. "I can't do this.. I can't do this.." I whispered, my body refusing to move forward. Louie tried to pull me. "Come on, Scrooge won't be mad! He'll just sound like it, act like it, then calm down." I took a step back, glancing back at the closet we had just emerged from. Loui glared at me. "No, bad (Y/n), no hiding in the closet."

"(Y/n)! Where are you!?" Louie tried pulling me towards Scrooge. "She's over here uncle Scrooge!" I tried running back to the closet, but Louie wouldn't let go. I heard Scrooge's footsteps come closer, and I tried to pull away from Louie harder. He tried to keep ahold of me, Scrooge's shadow rounding the corner. Louie then looked at me, getting a plan, and let go of my hand. I fell backwards from all the force I had been using to pull away.

"(Y/n), where are-" Scrooge gasped as he saw me getting up off the floor, and Louie stood there with wide eyes. He pointed at me, and I was now standing up. "There she is uncle Scrooge." Scrooge and I stared at each other for a long time, before he slowly walked over to me, putting a hand on my cheek. I smiled sheepishly. "Um.... hey Scrooge..." His eyes were still wide. "....what happened to you lass..."