|13|

(Y/n POV)

Journal entry |26|

I woke up this morning with some hot soup on my nightstand, and let me tell you that was some of the best soup I've ever eaten. Not sure what type it was though. Anyway, my body feels a lot better than yesterday. I still have a minor headache and my throat hurts a bit, but besides that I feel pretty good. I don't really have much to talk about this morning, so we'll see how today plays out I guess.

I closed the journal and sighed, leaning back on my chair. It was pretty early, and I didn't want to wake anyone up, so I decided to entertain myself in my room. Now that I have the thought capacity to actually observe the objects in my room, I realize I don't have a lot to entertain myself with. There were a few books, but they were all (Least favorite genre), so I gave them a pass. There was a globe, and it was actually pretty big. I spun it for a little, looking for the place that took my home's place in this world. I got bored really quick so I stopped looking.

I decided to check the time, just to make sure it was as early as I was thinking. Glancing over to the clock, I groaned as I saw the time. "5:43!?" I covered my mouth from the shout, my gut sinking as I hoped I woke no one. After a few moments of silence, I sighed in relief and relaxed. I stood up and walked onto the balcony, opening and closing the doors as quietly as possible. I leaned on the rail and took in a deep breath. Normally, I never have enough energy to be awake this early and not go back to bed, but today felt different. I felt fully energized, a bit hyper even.

The sun was hardly glowing, and the stars were still pretty clear. There was a light breeze and birds were chirping. It was honestly a very calming sight. I smiled as I watched the beauty unfold. Then I remembered the soup that I had eaten. Who was up this early to make me soup? It was still hot, so they had to had brought it in a few minutes before I woke up. I looked at the now empty suit bowl sitting on my nightstand, and my face scrunched in curiosity. I walked back inside and picked up the bowl, still wondering who had made the soup. I decided I would investigate for two reasons. 1, I am very curious, 2, I'm bored.

I took the bowl with me as I gently opened my bedroom door, looking both ways down the hall to make sure no one was there. Then I tiptoed to the stairs, quietly descending down them and onto the ground floor. All the lights were still off, except for the kitchen light. I slowly walked towards the room, peeking my head through the door. No one was there. I stepped in confused, walking towards the sink and washing my bowl. When no one entered the kitchen, I heard snoring coming from a few rooms over. I walked to the room that the snoring came from, only to find Scrooge sleeping at his desk with an empty bowl next to him. It had the remains of the soup I had eaten in it. I smiled, solving the case of the mystery soup.

I walked back to the kitchen, noticing it was now 6 am. I looked at the kitchen and smirked, deciding that I was gonna make breakfast for the duck family. I looked through the pantry and fridge, looking for ingredients to make Coconut Scones. These are THE BEST breakfast food ever! (Idk if they're even good, never had them but let's just go with it.) After searching for about 20 minutes, I found everything and got started on breakfast. 

I may have made a bit of a mess while making the scones though. I ended up tripping while I was carrying the flour, and it went EVERYWHERE. I may have also dropped a few eggs, along with the coconut milk. I decided to get these things in the oven before I started cleaning. After about 12 minutes, I cleaned everything up and started to make the Coconut Glaze and some bacon. When the beeper went off, I pulled out the scones and let them cool for a little, making sure they were still warm when I put the glaze on. I then finished cooking the bacon and set the table up for breakfast, and I smiled at my awesome job. By the time I finished it was 7:09, and I silently groaned as I knew it was still pretty early for people to wake up.

To help pass the time, I decided to clean Scrooge's bowl, and make him some tea. Webby told me it was one of his favorite drinks, so I thought why not make him some? I walked back into his office with the cup of tea, seeing him still asleep at his desk. I bit my lip nervously, not wanting him to get mad at me for waking him up. I held my fear back and gently shook him. "Mr. Scrooge...?" He stirred a little, but didn't wake up. I shook him again, saying his name a little louder. "Mr. Scrooge..?" He slowly opened his eyes and yawned, looking at me as he stretched.

When he realized it was me standing there, he kind of jumped in surprise. "(Y/n)! What are ya doing up so early with that fever of yers?" I smiled a little. "The fever is basically gone, and I've been up for a few hours. Here, I made you some tea." I handed him the cup and smiled. He looked at me confused as he sniffed the air. "What's that smell lass?" "Oh, I also made some breakfast. I'm gonna go wake the others, I'll be back." I walked out of the room without looking back. When I was out, I leaned against the wall and sighed in relief, taking a deep breath and going to go wake the others.

*Hey, do you guys know how to give permission to another author to edit my book? Like, I want to give them a book I have written, I want to make them the author and have the book on their profile. If you do know, please let me know. I'll thank you for your info on either Monday or Tuesday, because camping and then birthday. Also, thank you for all the birthday wishes!*