|21|

(3rd person POV)

It was a peaceful afternoon at McDuck manor, and a few weeks had passed since the fight with Magica De Spell. The kids were at Funso's for a birthday party, Mrs. Beakley was cleaning the house, Scrooge was reading the daily paper, Donald was taking a nap in his houseboat. And (Y/n) was bored to death.

The young, teenage human was moping around the house. She couldn't go to Funso's because, again, she's human. Yes, the town knows of her existence now, but that doesn't mean she's welcomed everywhere. One of those places was Funso's. (Y/n) made her way to the front lawn, looking at the city. She was give new rules by Scrooge, and these ones seemed more fair to her.

Rule one: if you want to go anywhere, ask first. Rule two: if you want to be by yourself in the city, carry a cellphone. Rule three: if you feel threatened or in danger, go straight to McDuck manor. If you feel you can't make it to McDuck manor, go to Fenton's house and have Fenton call Scrooge. Rule four: answer every call from Scrooge, the boys, Webby, Donald, Mrs. B, Launchpad, Fenton, or Gyro, no matter where you are or what you're doing. And rule five: stay safe.

(Y/n) was happy to follow these rules, because most of the time Scrooge would let her go anywhere by herself now, and she got her own phone. The teen didn't use it very much, but she was grateful to have one. 

The moping girl stopped walking when she found Scrooge in his chair reading his daily paper. She groaned and walked in, catching the attention of the old duck.

(Y/n POV)

"Uuuuuuuuuuggggggggghhhhhhhhh Sccroooooooooggggggggeeeeeee....." I sat at the table with my head landing on it. Scrooge didn't look away from his paper. "The kids will be back soon (Y/n), just be patient." I rolled to the ground, groaning again. "It's been hoooooooouuuuuuurrrrrrrssss....." I grabbed onto his ankle. Scrooge looked down at me with an unamused face, but I didn't notice. "Make me not bored Scrooge..." He rolled his eyes and looked back at his paper. "I think Mrs. Beakley could use some help cleaning the mansion."

I quickly got up and walked out of the room. "Never mind! I'm not bored anymore! I'm going out to the yard!" I didn't hear Scrooge chuckle, because I was speed walking out of there. Doing chores was not on my list of things I want to do. I walked out to the back yard and sighed. I looked around for something to do, but there was nothing in the yard. I decided to lay on the grass and look at the clouds, maybe take a nap while I wait for the kids to get home.

There were actually a ton of things I could see in the clouds; a bunny, toothbrush, guitar, and a lot more things I recognized. I started to think about my life, and what has been happening to me. My mind wandered over to my family and my home, and I felt.... sad. Sure, my mom and dad were kinda... what's the word... narcissistic? Neglectful? But they still gave me life, and I was still their kid.

Then my mind turned to Scrooge. He was kinda like a father figure to me. He felt more like a dad then my biological dad does, and he sure acts like he cares more than my dad and mom did. He saved my life, and my real dad nearly got me killed, just because he didn't want to pay an experienced pilot to test 'Jump'. Then a thought crossed my mind; what if I called him dad?

I felt my gut sink as the thought raced through my mind. Why did it make me feel so weird? I felt like I couldn't move as more thoughts came into my mind. What if he wants me to think of him as my dad? What if he thinks of me as his daughter? Would he be okay if I called him dad? What if he already has kids of his own? What if he doesn't want me?

I didn't notice the tears falling down my cheeks, or my lungs gasping for air until I heard my name being called. I shot up, sitting and looking at the back door. It was dark, and I wondered how long I was out here. Scrooge was standing in the doorway, calling my name. "(Y/n)! Dinner is done! Come in and eat!" I stood up and wiped my eyes, sniffing and keeping my head down.

I didn't look at Scrooge as I passed him. I felt a hand on my shoulder, which made me freeze and look at him. He looked at me concerned. "(Y/)? What's wrong?" I looked away and sniffed again, wiping my eyes again. "I-it's nothing... could I skip dinner tonight..? I'm not very hungry..." Scrooge looked at me, the concern not leaving his face, then sighed with a nod. "Alright.. but yell if you need anything.." I nodded and walked passed him, walking up to my room. "Goodnight Scrooge..." "Goodnight lass.."