+FIVE+

|THE SISTERS' QUARREL|

"The change of her heart both frightened her and worried her because she was someone important and now, she wasn't sure if they were the same anymore

"The change of her heart both frightened her and worried her because she was someone important and now, she wasn't sure if they were the same anymore..."

•°•°•

It was obvious by the way Summer was standing at the door, her hair thrown into a messy bun at the top of her head, a pair of sweats and a matching green hoodie hugging her body while a black winter coat was layered on top. Her feet, covered by a pair of old snow boots, were freezing despite the warmth they promised. And her cheeks usually colored a pale color and had freckles sprinkled all across them were burning a red color that reminded many of the cold weather outside. But what stood out the most was her heavy breaths and tear-filled eyes as she stared at Esme. She was here for her, her own little sister.

She licked her thickly chapped lips. "W-where's Daniella?" The question made them both frown and without saying anything, Esme moved to the side, opening the door wide for the girl. Remorse filled her as she secretly watched her waddle inside, her body shaking harshly from the atmosphere. "Where the hell is my sister, Mrs. Cullen?"

Esme was quiet as a mouse as she wandered closer to Summer, easing off her coat which the girl watched her warily as she did that. "You know," Summer spoke up, her eyes narrowing in a comical way as Esme fetched a throw blanket off the couch and replaced it where her coat was once situated on her, "your family is quite odd."

  Hearing this made Esme's lips curve upwards. "But being odd is rather fun, Summer." Then her smile fell into a frown. "Daniella is away in Alice's room, she doesn't want to be near us under the circumstances." Somehow, Summer could see straight through her and her own lips fell into a scowl.

  "Listen, I know something is odd with your family and something tells me it has to do with you all being a mythical creature." In shock, Esme stared at Summer with wide, golden eyes and her body slacked. "You're a wonderful woman, Mrs. Cullen, but I'm not dumb. I know and I'm starting to really, truly believe that you're a vampire, actually, your whole family is vampires, correct?" Esme remained silent, adding to Summer's burst of encouragement. "Now how would you think I would feel knowing my sister is here, staying with all of you?" Summer slowly trailed up to Esme until their faces were just centimeters apart. "I don't feel comfortable with my sister, who I don't believe one bit is sick, being here with all of you. So, please, for the love of God, tell me where she is!"

  After that, Esme began to speak once again. Her eyes held something that told Summer that she was right - the Cullens were something else. "I get how you feel and Daniella like I said, is in Alice's room." With her golden eyes, she watched as the woman stalked upstairs in search of her sister. But once her figure was gone, Edward was by his adoptive mother's side, anger looming in his bones. "How is everyone in this damn place finding out? We're going to have to leave, Esme."