+TWO+

|THE SILENCER|

"Her shyness, the thing that was most prominent about her, was also her weapon against the dark

"Her shyness, the thing that was most prominent about her, was also her weapon against the dark."

•°•°•

Jasper Hale watched as Daniella picked at the snow, her tan, double-breasted trench hugging her figure as she doodled on the small flakes and retreating once she was gone to pear at her work. With a small smile quirking at his lips, he watched in silence as she went back to work, her golden curls even falling into the snow from time to time. The blizzard left a mess, such a mess that Daniella enjoyed being outside more than the inside. "How is Summer doin'?" She suddenly questioned, her ruby eyes innocently looking up at Jasper.

"She still believes that you're here with us until the snow slowly disappears," Jasper answered, his voice soft and steady before he took a spot next to Daniella. "You're a beautiful artist, you know?"

Rolling her eyes and gently shoving him, she muttered, "shut up." Then she rose to her feet, shaking her head at the blond before leaving to retreat inside the house where she had a feeling that Alice Cullen was searching for her. Since becoming a vampire, Alice seemed to be more eager to be around the girl, possibly due to the fact that she had more things to do with her - the restrictions for when she was human was gone. But as much as Daniella was still having confused feelings for Emmett and the decision he made, she was glad that she was open for the family. They could do so much more now.

Her heeled leather boots that stopped just below her knees, the ones that Alice lent to her, tapped against the floor as she entered the home with curiosity. Her ears picked up on the noises of the home: the flipping of pages as Carlisle read away in his office, the sound of Esme as she walked down the halls of the home and then came Alice's hums and she knew exactly where she was.

But as she was about to take off, frantic tapping on her shoulder dragged her attention towards her friend. Furrowing her brows, she watched as he opened his mouth, trying to speak but nothing came out and he grabbed his throat. His eyes read his confusion and with wide eyes, Daniella called for help which came immediately. "Daniella?" Carlisle questioned and his eyes quickly fell on his son who was stuck in confusion. "Please," Carlisle muttered as he stepped in front of Jasper, looking at him with concentration as he tried to discover what was wrong.

"Jaz?" Alice bubbled from her spot behind Rosalie, walking over towards her adoptive father and lover. "Your voice... it's gone?" She said it more as a question than a statement as she too became confused. "How is his voice gone? Eddy, read his mind so we can figure it out." Without words, Edward went to work, but suddenly he furrowed his brows.

He cleared his throat. "There's nothing. All he did was hang out with Dani, he commented on her picture and she said shut up unless Jasper is playing with us all-" The said boy narrowed his golden eyes at this accusation, "-then I have no damn clue what's happening."