XIX

In the middle of getting measured, a maid ran in frantically looking around.

"The Queen requests to see Knight Persephone immediately." She heaved out as she bowed.

"Now? But we're almost done." The maid measuring me frowned.

The maid heaved with a groan, "Yes now! If that's not what I said."

I never heard a maid with an attitude towards the other maids. But I also rarely saw them in the first place.

The maid sighed, "Put your armor back on. You better hurry."

I put on my armor quickly and glanced at Thea.

"We'll stay here until you get back." A maid answered my unasked question.

I nodded and ran out the doors. The only thing you could hear in the quiet lonely halls was the clanking of my armor and swords.

I headed to the Queen's quarters as I assumed she was there. But alas I was told she was not as a guard who was stationed at the door told me.

"Then where is she? I was requested to see her." I asked as nicely as possible.

"Dining room." He answered not taking one glance at me.

I left him and ran to the dining room on the opposite side of the castle. It would've been nice to be told where she was at.

A few guards yelled for as they tried to congratulate me on becoming a knight, "Yo congrats man! You di-"

"Sorry! I gotta go!!" I said running past them interrupting him in the process.

I finally reached the giant doors of the dining area. Two royal knights held their swords in my way, "The Queen is present. None shall pass." A tall Knight engulfed in armor said.

"My presence was requested by the Queen." 

They stood there silent.

"Our Queen has requested Knight Persephone's presence. I am Knight Persephone." I said my voice stern.

They both looked at me, "Our orders are to guard this door as the Queen is present." One Knight said.

"Our King has requested our presence." The other said.

I groaned in frustration.

Then the door opened but the Knights didn't move an inch, "What is going on- Oh you two I told you to allow Knight Persephone to pass! Now move these blades of yours. Goodness." It was the Queen.

I knelt down on one knee and bowed my head in respect.

"But my Queen. Our orders we-"

"Yes yes, I know! But my orders are to allow him to pass." Her voice went cold and hard.

"Our apologies my Queen." They said in unison.

I heard small footsteps, "You may rise. No need to kneel before me."

I stood and cleared my throat, "My apologies."

"Now come join me." She walked back into the dining room as I followed.

Two other knights inside closed the large doors.

"May I ask to speak to Knight Persephone alone?" She said asking the other two knights.

They looked at each other and nodded. They soon left the both of us alone. A maid brought in two plates full of food, placing them in front of each other on the table, then soon left quickly.