THIRTEEN

After walking for hours through the dark woods while her moment with Bellamy still lingered in her mind, the trio had finally reached the bridge, only to see a familiar face pacing around

After walking for hours through the dark woods while her moment with Bellamy still lingered in her mind, the trio had finally reached the bridge, only to see a familiar face pacing around. "SO that's how you set this up."  Clarke sighed, her gaze shifting between Finn and Octavia.

"You helped him escape, didn't you?" The shorter blonde continued, one eyebrow raised.

Octavia stood there silently before she spoke, her hands in her pockets while she looked at Clarke and Maisie. "I trust him, Clarke." She stated, the blonde guessing that the grounder and Octavia had somehow bonded between all of this hate, torture and war.

"There's a lot of that going around." Clarke sassed, her eyes now leaving Octavia's to look at Finn.

"Someone's coming." Finn whispered, pulling Clarke behind, making the blonde yank her arm away from the boy.

The fatal foursome watched as the grounder that they have tortured jogged towards them, lifting Octavia up and pulling her into a hug as the left three delinquents watched in surprise.

The blonde had guessed that something had happened between the two, some part of her still anxious about the fact that her friend had befriended someone dangerous to their own people.

As the two broke apart, Lincoln's eyes scanned the three delinquents, Clarke uncomfortably avoided his gaze, this time not letting Finn go when he grabbed her hand.

Finally his eyes landed on the blonde, studying her longer than he did with Clarke and Finn.

"Uh-, sorry for sticking a poisonous knife in you." The masculine man shifted awkwardly, while the girl stood unbothered.

"Sorry for torturing you." She offered a smile, the girl was now more relaxed, understanding why Octavia and Finn had some hope.

The sound of hooves beating interrupted the conversation, making the five of them turn their eyes towards where the sound had came from, Clarke looking out of the corner of her eye to the other three delinquents that were under the bridge, waiting with rifles in their hands. "Oh my god, are those-"

"Horses." Before Clarke could finish, the taller blonde cut her off, completing her sentence as a smile made its way towards her lips, only to fade one second later at the sight of the three grounders with weapons.

"I thought it was no weapons." Maisie spoke, her eyes traveling to Finn as he shrugged, not having any idea. "I was told there wouldn't be." Lincoln was the one to answer as she shook his head in confusion.

"It's too late now." Clarke let go of Finn's hand at her own words, instead, she grabbed hers, the best friends nodded at each other, the taller blonde taking a deep breath as the two started to walk towards the grounders.

They met at the middle of the bridge, the green surrounding them distracting the blonde for a second.

As she looked back at the bridge, there stood the most intimidating woman she had ever seen. She had tan skin, a clothing style just like Lincoln's, preferably due to the weather. And paint. She had black paint covering some parts of her face, making her cheekbones stand out.