Prologue

Rose Potter. It was just a name. Nothing special about her. She was never seen in the neighborhood or in the house she lived in with her Aunt, Uncle, cousin, and a twin brother who didn't even know about her.

Rose knew she was odd. Her uncle had drilled that into her head every day as he abused her and forced her to do the chores as everyone slept.

But being an out of place witch wasn't something she could help. She had to force her hair to stay the bloody red that looked black from dirt and grime that could only be accomplished by either living on the streets for a long time without taking a shower or getting hit by rain, or something that no one would want to go into. If she didn't keep it red, it would flash white or grey.

What happens when Minerva McGonagall comes and takes her to Hogwarts after her twin, Harry Potter, takes a train ride there?

What will happen to Rose for the first two years of freedom?

~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~

James Potter laughed as the red-haired one-year-old girl threw a red ball at him, hitting him in the nose exactly, albeit with not a lot of force.

James thought that Rose would make the Quidditch team as a Chaser, and his black-haired son a Seeker. Rose was a good thrower and she had great aim for a little kid, even if there wasn't much power to the throw. Harry was good at catching things that flew at him randomly, no matter the size.

Lily Potter, the wife of James, walked into that room as James was hit again right between his eyes, making him fall back in shock, only for Harry to take his glasses off and put them on his face, upside down while Rose giggled and clapped her hands excitedly, her odd eyes sparkling.

With blood-red hair, her different colored eyes stood out. Shining silver and dark blue swirled, and Lily knew that Rose would catch the eye of many with her looks.

Lily sighed before giggling. James looked at his wife lovingly before pouting at her and making grabby hands, his odd way of asking for a kiss. The ginger-haired woman laughed and gave him a little peck, making the one-year-olds squeal. Both adults laughed before Lily held up two letters.

"I've got the letter going to le Black," Lily joked. James laughed and looked at the letters in her hand before freezing, staring at the letter that was rimmed with blue and gold, right next to the green-rimmed letter that would go to 'le Black'.

"Is that..." he trailed off.

Lily nodded sadly. "I coded it. She's still in hiding. She wants to know how the kids are doing and her last letter said that our 'Silver Moon' has joined her and Moony is heading in and out of the colonies, trying to get information on Voldemort."

James looked alarmed as he put Harry and Rose together so they could play.

"If Silvy went into hiding and Moony is getting info out there, who has the Whispers?" James asked. Even though they were in a safe house and no one could get in, both Potter parents had stuck to using code everywhere so as not to slip in public if they ever go back out.

"The Whispers are with the Coconut Head. They have a safe house somewhere in Leeds. Oh, she visited the Coconut family too. They're thinking of adopting after the war is over. They've given up on trying for a kid and decided to take in some older orphans and a few toddlers. She said that the Whispers are, and I quote, 'Learning to be the biggest troublemakers since the Marauder Era,'" Lily said, snickering as James wrinkled his nose.

"She did not call the Marauders time of ruling the Marauders Era! She's making it sound like we're fifty-hundred-million-thousand years old!" James whined. Lily shook her head.

"Where did you... that's not even a real number... how di–no. I give up on you."

With that, Lily flopped back. She closed her eyes, remembering her days of Hogwarts. Hanging out with her friends, getting as far away from James as she could, and being mean to... her.

Great, Lily thought bitterly. I can't even say her name anymore. Not even James can say her name without looking guilty. Why did I have to ever be jealous of her? Tons of things would be different. Maybe James, Sirius, Peter, Remus, the kids, and I would be on the run with her.

"LILY!"

Lily jumped, her hand going to her wand before realizing James had yelled at her because she zoned out... again. Merlin, she had been zoning out a lot these past few days.

"Yeah, bumbo?" Lily asked. James scowled at the nickname before answering her, pouting childishly.

"I asked how old the Whispers were now."

Lily blinked as she tried to remember. "Well, Rose and Harry are just over a year now, which makes the Whispers about a month old."

James grinned. "Already mischievous and under six months? I wonder what would happen if Rosy over here met the Whispers."

Lily gasped in mock horror. "That would be disastrous. If the met the Black Kitty, it would be worse."

"How is the Black Kitty?"

Lily sighed. "The ministry doesn't want Padfoot raising her because they think she would become a Death Eater. They still think that Padfoot is a Death Eater too."

James looked offended and was about to reply when Harry suddenly burst into tears. Both parents looked over to see Rose ignoring everything and chewing on a foam block and Harry making grabby hands at the block, his green eyes teary.

"I think that it's bedtime for these two," Lily said as she pulled the block out of Rose's mouth and onto the table as James picked Harry up.

Rose made a protesting sound as her hair flashed orange. Lily just smiled at the little girl bittersweetly.

"Just like you mother," Lily whispered to herself as she and James put the babies in their cots. 

~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~

Hey my dragons and wolves!

For those of you that have read The Forgotten Potter, I'm sorry that I took it down but the storyline was getting out of hand and it was hard to continue. This is the rewrite of The Forgotten Potter, and I smoothed everything out. If any of you want to read the first version of this book, find me on Quotev as Nike3377 or Fathom Huntsmen. Or just look up The Forgotten Potter. The book I have on there is discontinued as I am rewriting it, and I will be posting on Wattpad only as there is a glitch on Quotev for me and I can't update anymore.

This is going to have slow updates, as I will be focusing on Break To The Sky, but I am planning on updating this book at least twice a month.

I will keep my plans together and transfer them into this book as well, so there will be 4 books in this series, and it will become a universe after I finish year three, book two of this series.

Thank you for the support and don't forget to vote, comment, and banana!

See you later my dragons and wolves. Stay freaky and weird.

~ Fathom Huntsmen

å∑ßΩ≈∂ç˙√∆∫˚Ρ˝ÏÇÓ˝Óı˜Ò¥ƒ†¨¥©∫ˆ˙˚˜¬‹›fl‡°·‚£¢∞§¶•ªı˜Â¯˘Ò¿˘ØØÔÏÁ‰KGFˇÏÓ˝S'ń͉'Ρ‰ÁÏˇ¨◊ıˆØ߆'∂¥ƒ¨©ˆ¨˜ˆπfi‹››‡°flª•¶»'"Æ˘¿˝ÏÓ˝ÏÁ‰'„Å⁄‹€⁄'¿˘¯Ó˙©ƒÂ˜ı˙∆©∆˙©≈®ˆ'fi¨¥†µç