Forty Six

4:30 p.m.

Private ward,

The students were still hanging out in the ward but Hyuna was the quietest among them. She was just staring at Ji Yeon from the distant, hoping that the sassy girl would wake up and light up the day.

"Hyuna aa, what's wrong?" Hyun Jin noticed it.

"Nothing." She faintly smiled.

"Really? Do you want to go somewhere for a while?" He asked again.

"..." Hyuna shook her head.

"Alright,"
"Tell me if you are not feeling good. Okay?" Hyun Jin gave her the warmest smile ever.

"But Hyun Jin,"
"Where is the E-mart?" She tapped on his hand, trying to make Hyun Jin listen to her as he was back to be talking with his friends.

"E-mart? It is acro-" he was hesitating to tell her.
"Across the main entrance."

It was where the accident from yesterday happened and Hyuna was having a hard time remembering it.

"I will go." Hyun Jin got up from the chair.
"What do you want to get from there?"

"I want to go too. Can I?" Hyuna was trying to fight back her fear from yesterday scene.

After all, she believed that Ji Yeon will be doing fine.

"Really?" He nodded.
"Let's go then." Hyun Jin said

"Where are you both going?" Jeongin asked.

"E-mart, you guys want me to get anything for you?" Hyun Jin replied as he was taking his backpack from the chair.

"YES! BROWNIES!" Jeongin yelled in excitement.

"Alright," The Hyuns both replied.

____

Hospital main entrance,

Hyuna haven't left the hospital since yesterday. It was kind of terrifying and unfamiliar outside. She was taking small steps to walk towards the main road. The Hyuns were walking further apart, after all they haven't really ended the talk from yesterday. Hence, Hyun Jin felt a little bit awkward and Hyuna got so many things in her mind.

"Nothing will happen," Hyun Jin turned around and found Hyuna was still hesitating whether to cross the road or not.

Exactly what Ji Yeon did the day before. Contemplating.

"Hyun Jin aa,"
"Ji Ye-" Hyuna stopped as it was overwhelming to talk
"She told me it was dangerous yesterday. Ji Yeon tried to stop me. But I-"
"I ignored her."

Hyun Jin walked back to her and gave Hyuna a small hug, a comforting one.

"Are you sure you want to go?" He asked, patting her back.

"I don't know anymore." She shook her head, crying again.

"No no, don't cry. You will be fine, I am here. Okay?" Hyun Jin broke the hug and cupped her face instead as Hyuna was busy crying.

"..." she was only staring as his face, letting the tears flowed down from her puffy eyes.

"Alright?" Hyun Jin pouted as he wiped away the remaining tears with his hands.

They started walking again as their hands were linked to each other. Hyuna felt secured with Hyun Jin's presence as they were walking across the street.