Forty

Sea side,

"Hyuna aa, you might catch a cold. Let's go back tomorrow." Hyun Jin got back up on his feet and pulled Hyuna along with him.

"Can't we stay like this for a while?" She refused to go back to the resort.

"Andwaeyo." He was too tired to even be mean.
"Let's go back, hrmm?" Giving a reassuring expression, as gentle as he could.

"..." Hyuna shook her head, was being stubborn to the limit.

"Okay, let's make a deal."
"What do you want aside of staying here?" Hyun Jin suggested, hoping that she had something else her mind.

"..." Hyuna was thinking that it could be a chance for her to put everything back in places.
"My Jinie." She pouted, closing her eyes tight as she was scared that Hyun Jin might be offended.

"Your Jinie?" Hyun Jin couldn't help but to chuckle at her answer.
"Geurae." He turned around and patted on his own back.
"Hop on! How about a piggy back?"

"Re-ally?" Hyuna wasn't moving an inch.

"Kaja, let's talk on our way back." Hyun Jin pulled her onto a piggy back and Hyuna wasn't complaining.

She put her head on his shoulder, just right by his face and arms around his neck. Hyun Jin started walking and awkwardness faded out. He chose to walk in slower pace and let Hyuna enjoy the sea breeze a little more. Even though it won't bring any good to Hyuna in her condition, he thought maybe he should let her win the wish.

"Hyuna aa, why did you keep it from me?" Hyun Jin started talking, sounded more approachable.

"I just don't want to burden you. It was not that I don't want you to know but you will be worried about me. I don't want to keep you anxious about me all the time. I know you care but I want you to be more carefree. After all, I've always been sick. I am always causing trouble here and there. Aren't you tired of me?" Hyuna spilled it out.

"Just know that. I won't be tired of you Hyuna. I just hoped that you would tell me about such issues. Your health, your problems. I am actually happier to know. Of course I would be worried. Hyuna aa, you know it too, how precious you are to me." Hyun Jin stopped talking and Hyuna turned her head, an ultimate closer up view of him.
"How can I not be worried? Unless you are someone random in my life, I wouldn't want to know."

"Don't you feel burdened at all?" Hyuna kept asking.

"Never." He shook his head.
"Just put your trust on me."

"I do trust you Hyun Jin." She scowled.
"Then,"
"Tell me everything that has been on your mind. I don't want to see you sad anymore." Hyuna said.

"Hrmmmmmm," Hyun Jin made it seemed like he was thinking of something.
"Nothing more?"

The sentence Hyuna threw him earlier that day came creeping into his mind. "I don't know anymore." But Hyun Jin shook it off, thinking that she probably spat what she didn't even mean. Above all, he knew she was capable of doing things out of her own wills.

"Really?" Hyuna suddenly pinched his cheeks and Hyun Jin giggled.

"Hold on tight!" He speed up, running by the sea side.

It was so dark in the night but they were happy to be there. Maybe it was the right choice to end up by the beach. Because they somehow cleared out the misunderstanding.