restless summer air.

restless summer
air.

TAGS: taekook / nineties au / rich kid!tae x hooker!koo / this is honestly quite sweet / minimal nsfw ( handjob )
PLAYLIST: white teeth teens, lorde / florescent adolescent, the artic monkeys / glory and gore, lorde

( ☀️ )

   OH, SUMMER NIGHTS are made for making yours, aren't they? for racing around with those albums you love blaring, top of daddy's convertible rolled down and the wind in your sweaty hair—kim taehyung is a practicer of these nights, composed of champagne teen dreams and van gogh paintings.

he's on another one of his excessive joyrides in daddy's chevy, the roar of the engine music to his ears, laughing maniacally as he drives around the downtown in a restless haze at two in the morning, music blasting from his tape player and shades on his head despite the night. moonlight obscured by the many city lights, the cherry red 1989 chevrolet gleams beneath the orange street lamps, and dad's gonna be so mad but it's not taehyung's problem. 1997 feels like a year made for him, nineteen and the summer feels endless; time stops flowing for him only.

he's forced to a halt by red lights at a junction, where, below streetlights, working girls stand uncomfortably in their fishnet stockings and scarce coats, sharing cigarettes, out late in the hazy summer nights. taehyung watches them, lazy, his eyes drifting from thigh high boots to short skirts, before falling on an unusual boy with shiny eyes and a cute laugh that rings over the sound of engines. a large denim jacket swathing his tall yet slim form, his hair is ragged and long, his lips painted red, and there's a pair of red high heels on his feet. taehyung realises with a start that this is a gigolo; an often talked about, but rarely encountered sight.

he's pretty cute, too.

taehyung doesn't think much. he thinks it's useless to waste time overthinking things, which means he's pretty impulsive; that explains the joyrides and the stealing from his parents. so he barely lets the thought cross the mind before he's whistling over at the group of girls, who all turn to look at him, something lost from their eyes. one girl, a tall beauty with red hair, walks over.

"what you lookin' for, sugar?" words drip from her saccharin lips like slow honey, and taehyung smiles softly.

"not you, doll, 'm afraid," a boyish grin takes over the messily haired teen's face. "the boy with you, what's his name?"

she looks at him like he's mad, which is fair enough, but taehyung holds out two fifty thousand won bills, and her eyes brighten, taking them with trembling hands. "oh, jeongguk-ah?" she turns and calls for him, and pretty boy in fishnet looks over, the spark in his eyes a unique feature only he has in the group. "looks like you've got your first customer, baby boy," she looks at taehyung with a smoldering look. "you take care of him, rich boy. he's new."

"i won't do nothin'!" taehyung says, holding his hands up in innocence, smiling at the boy as he approaches. "hop in, jeongguk." the name sounds right on his tongue. the boy bites his lip and waves a timid goodbye to the group, before jumping in.

"just in time," taehyung beams, accelerating as the lights turn green, one hand on the steering wheel as he starts forward. he glances at the boy; he's intrigued by everything about this starry eyed boy, who looks made up of honey and constellations, thrumming with nervous energy, dressed so skimpily in fishnets and high heels. "so, jeongguk, is it?"