crying in my prom dress.

crying in my
prom dress.

TAGS: jikook / genderswapped au ( fem!jikook ) / 80s au / nsfw ( just peppered around ) / stranger to lovers / lesbian sex / top jimin / prom night / loss of virginity / mentions of homophobia/slurs / sweet n shy n innocent jeongguk / long shot.
PLAYLIST: prom dress / mxmtoon, hot / twice, fancy / twice, pour some sugar on me / def leppard, ribs / lorde.

NOTES: HELLO THIS IS L O N G !! i've been having a very soft spot for lesbians recently ( blame my orange is the new black obsession ) so have fem jikook. oh, and btw: jeongha = jeongguk, minji = jimin. enjoy! && pls listen 2 the video cause it's the reason i wrote this!

( 💄 )

   "PROM NIGHT". THESE two words alone should send a teenaged girl into a maddening frenzy of hair straightening, an extravaganza of gown choosing and matching shoes and cummerbunds and corsages and what-have-yous, a chorus of 'oh my god i haven't got a date!', 'my spray tan appointment's been delayed!' and, of course, the ever dreaded 'i'm too fat for my dress!' and etc.

not for park minji. her preparation for prom night was all organised by an overbearing and overexcited, i-relive-highschool-voraciously-through-my-daughter mrs park, who had organised everything, found her daughter a gown, tried ( and failed ) to get her hair, nails and skin sorted out—minji skipped every appointment, going to her friend's place instead—, and even got her a date, who minji promptly told she wasn't interested, and that he could go with the girl he actually liked.

minji's own preparation for prom, however, had been returning home from momo's house the day of, with her usually long ebony hair cut choppily, bleached, and dyed a shocking shade of highlighter pink, and a ( stick and poke ) tattoo on the inside of her right thigh, saying 'no boys allowed'. her mother went livid, but minji just carved a smile into her red lips and strutted down to her basement room like a sassy 50s diva ( she's audrey hepburn in her soul ), put on her siouxsie and the banshees mix and stuck one finger up at the ceiling.

'cause park minji's some kinda rebel with a cause, some kind of teenage delinquent with a passion for pissing off parents and kissing girls with her cherry pearlescent lips, pulling all the lesbos and 'i wanna experiment' girls into the back of her daddy's borrowed chevrolet. and of course, she don't fucking care about prom, it's just a night like any other, where she can't be seen with a girl because it's fuckin' 1988 and this isn't somewhere like the seattle where this stuff is starting to be okay. this is fuck end of nowhere, arkansas, so she's gotta just fight for her rights ( what a nightmare girl she's turned out to be ).

so it's prom '88, park minji's eighteen and dateless, sat in her chevro in the dress her mom bought. it's white, with a short skirt concealed by a long curtain skirt of lace, slit at the front to show the sparkling silver slippers she should be wearing—rather, it shows minji's favourite black heels, wicked things with stiletto points shaped like knives. the dress's straps form the bodice too, v-necking down to the waist to expose the expanse of minji's freckled chest ( she's pleasantly surprised at the design her mother chose ). the bodice is adorned with silver glitter and small white roses line the shoulders; all in all, yes, it's a pretty dress, but minji would've preferred something that spoke more to her. she added black fishnets just to spite her mom, and that feels more like her.

sighing, she reaches for her makeup bag on the passenger seat. she's parked outside momo's house, waiting for the girl who actually has a date ( seo changbin, from the other senior class ), so she has time to spare; in her makeup bag, she has her trustworthy kohl black eyeliner and $5 red cherry flavoured lipstick, and an old tin ( previously for mints ) filled with weed and rolling papers. why go to prom alone if you're not gonna be stoned? ( why go at all? ).