Chapter 63 - Gabriel POV

Start from the beginning

"How did you – how do you know what she thinks?" Vanessa asked.

"She's like me. Like my fiancé... she led me to all of you."

"But how?" Russell asked again.

"If you had chosen her, I would tell you. But you aren't interested in her the way she is in you. Once she – Angel – is settled in you can all visit in December, my wedding is then as well. I can see that you care about her, so I'm sure she'd like to see you all one last time."

All their eyes widened, "One last time? What are you saying?" Russell snapped again.

"Exactly what I said. You can't have Angel and Amara, its one or the other, plus Amara is the love of your life isn't she? It shouldn't be a problem to say goodbye to Angel for her..." he wouldn't be able to leave his child, once he visits in December... I told myself plotting.

"My men are outside waiting," I say to Catalena when the rest don't move, they all seemed to be shell shocked, but left when Catalena stood.

Russell remained sitting, starring off deeply, "I'm not sure what you want me to do..." he said in a low tone after some time.

"I'm not telling you what to do... you're a grown man. My wedding is in December. I'm going to be marrying the most amazing person. We aren't typical and I had to change my mind-set to be with her, had to give up my family to be with her, but she was worth all that change. The effort. When I'm not around her, I'm thinking of her, holding onto the little fact that soon I'll have her in my arms. I have no doubts, not about her, not about the work I'll still have to put it, that I'll make more mistakes, that we will love, grow and succeed. With each other. I've had other women... but Chelsea... I don't have to be intimate to know it all feels right. It may look off, but-"

"It all feels right..." Russell finished for me, maybe I could give him more information, make him see.

"Exactly. When I touch Chelsea there- there's a spark I feel. Prickling. It's pleasant and calming; I feel content and have purpose. Doing things for her brings me joy, knowing that something I've done pleases her, I want her happy at all times and there isn't anything I wouldn't do for her, be for her. Being with her is easy, fulfilling whether she's laying on our bed drawing and I'm just next to her, or she's cooking and I'm watching her. It doesn't matter, what I've given up for her... I'd do it over and over again if I had too, sooner than I did in fact. I was made for her and her, I."

Russell rested back, not speaking just silent and I hoped that he was actually taking what I said seriously, comparing the feelings I depicted, or tried too.

"Can you tell me about your Chelsea?" he said after a while.

A smile formed on my face, "well first... I was engaged to her half sister but had never met her. She was abused... badly... not like Angel though, but enough to have her hate to be touched. She's quirky, a neat freak, beautiful, artistic, intelligent, loving she's perfect. To me," I paused, "but... isn't that how it should be? I'm the one that has to be with her, that has to spend time with her, it shouldn't matter what others around me think and if they loved me, they would support me. Support my decision to be with her, my family did not so I had to ditch them for Chelsea, but I made that choice. I don't hold her responsible, I would've been miserable eventually if I hadn't chosen her, at first I wouldn't notice it but after a while I would. I just skipped that painful part."

I sighed I had to stop before I told him everything, "it was good to meet you," I said standing, ready to get out of here.

"Uh – yeah – you too. Can you call? Let me know if you find her?" he asked distractedly.

"Will do," I said walking to the door.

His heart was racing and I'm not sure why, "One more thing... you – you don't think a relationship with Angel would be wrong," he stated.

"Why?" he asked struggling.

"How old is Angel?" I turned that around on him.

"Well we aren't sure but we think she's in her twenties, maybe 21 – why?" That's what we all thought as well but once she has a thorough examination we would be able to have something more accurate.

"She... from what I saw... she understands some things, others she doesn't her mind is developing but physically she's an adult with hormones. As long as you weren't abusing her, taking advantage of her trust, which she has a lot when it comes to you, you could figure out a way to be together that suits you both, it really just depends on how much effort you're willing to put in, because Angel she's willing to give her all and she's aware of her shortcomings-"

"She doesn't have shortcomings!" Russell snapped.

"Angel thinks she does, she can't speak, she can't exactly write... she's in love with a man and can't tell him, but is forced to watch him love another woman... look I can't tell you what to do or nothing like that. It's not my place, but even if you chose Angel, you wouldn't be able to stay here. Declan... he was young and didn't know much, so I think he did what he could with what he knew... Angel not speaking... we have our own doctors that can see what is wrong, but I don't think she won't speak, I think she can't..." Russell walked away nodding, giving me time to just turn to Jack, as he came up.