➵ Mark Fischbach - Long Time Overdue

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Collapsing on my sofa after coming home from work, I pulled off my shoes and relaxed into the cushions. As I pulled a blanket over myself, I felt myself slowly start to drift off.

"GET YOUR BODY READY FOR THE REINSTATEMENT OF MARK AND Y/N'S WEEKLY FRIDAY SLEEPOVER MOVIE NIGHT!"

I jolted awake.

"What the FUCK, Mark?!" I yelled at the man that had just burst into our apartment.

Before I could protest any further, he had climbed on top of the coffee table in front of me.

"BEHOLD! THE ONESIES OF COMFORT."

A large fluffy piece of green fabric whacked me in the face as he spoke.
I unfolded it, scanning the spikes on the hood I smiled.

"Mark, did you seriously buy me a dinosaur onesie?"

He jumped down from the table and stood in front of me, clutching a bag full of snacks.

"CORRECTION. I BOUGHT US DINOSAUR ONESIES!"

He dramatically pulled another, larger onesie from his bag and grinned at me. I couldn't help laughing this time, pulling him into a hug.

"I love this, Mark. But you know you don't have to keep trying to cheer me up, I'm fine."

I felt his chest vibrate as he chuckled deeply.

"Y/N, you're one of the strongest people I know. I have no doubt that you're doing fine. However, this is the first time that you've been single in a year, meaning that we can finally start up our college tradition of Movie Night Fridays. Unless you don't want to?" He trailed off with a smirk. I looked into his face with utter determination.

"I bet I can get changed into the onesie faster than you." I then bolted towards my room, grinning at the sound of Mark's laugh.

It didn't take long to change into my new PJs which meant that I was the first one back to the living room, as I had anticipated. A few seconds later, Mark came running in with a disappointed expression on his face.

"I thought I got changed quickly." He mumbled.

"Aww, poor Mark." I smiled condescendingly, ruffling his hair.
He scoffed, picking me up and throwing me into the couch.

"Shut up and choose a film."

I laughed lightly as he went to the kitchen, watching him walk off with a smile on my face. I then turned to the DVDs that he'd laid out on the coffee table. I scanned my options and smirked at the last one, picking it up instantly.

I waited patiently for Mark to get back with our snacks as an idea popped in my head. I climbed onto the table and prepared myself to imitate my roommate's voice from earlier.

"MARKUS! IN HONOUR OF THE DINOSAUR ONESIES THAT WE NOW DON, WE SHALL BE WATCHING THE JURASSIC PARK TRILOGY!"

His head of fluffy red hair poked out of the doorway, smirking to himself.

"I knew you'd pick that."

___

A couple of hours later, we sat cuddled up against each other.

"I've missed this. Why'd we stop doing it for so long?" I asked him timidly, looking up.

He looked down at me and shook his head, smiling, "Thomas and you made it 'date night', remember? I think he felt threatened by my awesomeness."